Im 13 and have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for 3 months now. We have known each other since preschool. We have talked about haveing sex..But im not sure if its such a good idea..I want to because i love him and something has been telling me to go ahead and have sex with him..but i seriously need advice..me being 13..Is it a good idea to have sex....there would be protection and i am on the shot!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 2nd, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
Reguardless of what we tell you your body is going to make the call as to when you're ready. In your teens no matter how good or bad an idea seems your hormonal drive typically calls the shots.

For what it's worth virtually nobody wishes they had rushed into sex at a younger age. At best folks don't think it made a difference in their lives if they had sex at a young age. At 13 your body is capable of having sex in limited fashions without injury. You're very sexually functional. However your mind isn't really prepared for the stress or anxiety of sex. You could find that having sex at a young age really messes you up downt he line, or perhaps it won't. You won't know until much later in your life. I'd encourage you to hold off for at least a few more years if you can manage it.

Regardless of your decision be absolutely sure you have a bulletproof plan for contraception and prevention of disease. Mistakes made with sex at 13 are game-changers in your life. They can rob you of increadible things that you'd never imagine at your age. Be careful with these consequences.

Good luck!
|

replied February 3rd, 2010
Well,I had a plan of not haveing sex until i was married and or inlove....But someone told me it was better to start early..and That if i dont start now i could be too scared or develope a mental note that i should NEVER have sex..
|

User Profile
replied February 3rd, 2010
I lost my virginity when I was 14, I don't regret it. It gave me the experience that I have today. Although you should be wise on who you have sex with for the first time. Losing your virginity is suppose to be speacial. I only lost mine at that age because I "thought" I was going to be with that person for the rest of my life. But him and I only lasted a year. I guess it's a personal choice on when you choose to lose your virginity. Remember it hurts the first time as well, are you willing to feel a severe amount of pain for this person? Do you love this person? Think about it Smile
|

replied February 4th, 2010
I love this person with all my heart..but what if someone at school or my parents find out..would people consider me a slut..I dont want that to happen to me..
|

replied March 14th, 2010
You don't have to have sex so young. Now days everyone is doing it,but that does'nt mean you have to do it. I'm 16 and still a vigrin and that was the way i was raised. If you have sex now there is nothing to wait for.If i were you i would wait longer. I'm going to wait until I'm married and hopefully find someone who lived their life as clean as me.
|

replied March 14th, 2010
You don't have to have sex so young. Now days everyone is doing it,but that does'nt mean you have to do it. I'm 16 and still a vigrin and that was the way i was raised. If you have sex now there is nothing to wait for.If i were you i would wait longer. I'm going to wait until I'm married and hopefully find someone who lived their life as clean as me.
|

replied March 14th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
You'd be surprised how many things you can wait for besides your first time having sex.
|

replied March 14th, 2010
Experienced User
I lost my virginity at 23, not to the man I married but none the less I waited a while. When I was in high school (and beyond) I was the girl that every guy wanted but could not have. My virginity was something everyone thought was hot. My other girlfriends who were having sex were indeed thought of as promiscuous.

"...if i dont start now i could be too scared or develope a mental note that i should NEVER have sex." That is the biggest crock of crap I have ever heard. Whoever is telling you that please don't take any sexual and/or relationship advice from them EVER. Like I said, I waited a while and although it was at times challenging it was worth it. People don't usually look back and think 'I wish I would have lost my virginity earlier' but they do look back at times and regret losing it too soon.

Like the other post said you are physically capable of having sex but are you ready to deal with the emotional ramifications? If you are desiring intimacy with this person try mutual masturbation or using your hands.
|

replied April 8th, 2010
dear 13year old
Hi I am 27 now and I had sex at the age of 14. I really wish I had waited, I too had it with a good friend that I had in preschool too. After the next year things happened and we were no longer friends. It hurt more then ever to lose a good friend. just really think he could just be that guy best friend you are looking for not a partner. Good luckxxxxxxxx
|

replied September 6th, 2010
I lost my virginity when I was 13, but only because I felt ready. I'm quite happy with my decision, however it's a personal decision that only you can make. Don't feel pushed into it. Do you really feel ready to make that commitment, thats what you need to ask yourself?
|