Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Severe stabbing pain in cervix

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I am new to this site. I can't find any answers on any other women's health sites. Hopefully someone here might know what's going on with me. I have had these very sharp, stabbing pains in my cervix since my early teen years. They have never seemed to be associated with my menstrual cycle seeing as it's random. When it starts it usually lasts 20-30 mins. The pain is so intense it drops my to my knees. I can't walk, move, or even breath without making it worse. Recently it has gotten all together worse. The bouts of pain last longer, even hours. It gets worse with sex. Of course I am not positive it is coming from my cervix but I am pretty certain. My husband is fairly well endowed, I often bleed after sex. Only recently have these pains started happening after sex and like I said they are worse than they have ever been. There is a family history of cervical cancer and other issues with women's health problems in general. Please, if anyone has any idea what is causing these pains I would be forever grateful. P.S. I have always had normal pap smear results.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 6th, 2013
Community Volunteer
Hi tiflizeli: What you are describing is not normal..However, if your husband is too large for the inner vaginal canal he could be hitting on this opening....Also has your OB-GYN even checked to see if you have a tilted uterus?...Years ago I had this and it sure did affect sexual intercourse....Bleeding after sex does show that he may be hitting this area...

With the cancer in your family I would suggest that you see a good OB-GYN and have this checked out...It may be something that they can correct without a problem...Take care...

Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 7th, 2013
Thank you Caroline. I'm going to make an appt today. I guess I just needed to hear from someone that it wasn't something normal that I missed during sex ed. Appreciate your help Smile
Did you find this post helpful?