Im a 35 year old male.
smoked marijuana from 17 -22. I had to stop due to my mental health. i was getting paranoid.
22-32 I ws recreationally using cocaine, MDMA and alcohol. I knocked all but the alcohol on the head, again due to mental health playing a huuge part.
Ever since then, I was drinking alcohol, until I became dependant on it a number of times, resulting in myself going to detox to get clean 3 times.
It has had an affect on relationships and jobs and i'm fed up with the results of abusing myelf.
I am doing everything in my power to get help at present. Im on the waiting list to get CBT and I am in close contact with my alcohol councillor.
I am in no way, shape or form, going to use again.
I eat very healthy and workout most days.
Im usually a very outgoing and confident person. So much so, I play the guitar and sing to crowds at Manchester city football club. Unfortunately this is on the back burner due to my mental health.
I get severe pnic attacks when im in group situation. One example of this is. I attend group meetings for my alcohol treatment. It has got to the point were I can't even talk in public anymore. Something that I usually find very easy. Im skipping groups, or leaving the groups early, as I know that's when we talk individually.
I'm taking 40mg of citalopram for my anxiety and depression, but I just feel so anxious, paranoid and i have a very low self esteem. I've been on my medication for 3 months. My medication hasn't seemed to have done anything and my symptoms are getting much worst.
Please can somebody give me some advice?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 11th, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i understand your concern.You had. History of many drugs intake in past. Managing anxiety panic attacks might be a bit troublesome due to tolerance issues. Let your psychiatrist adjust the dosages. Try cognitive behavioral therapy to overcome the symptoms. You are doing great. Hope for the best.

Take care
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.