Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

severe painful attacks below rib cage

User Profile
For a year i didnt get any attacks as i have been consistantly losing weight and over eating junk foods once a week only. i was fine during all that time. i lost 40lbs and 20lbs left to reach my ideal weight. since last week i started taking carb blocker dietrine pills before having fatty meal which lead to over eating for several days. during this period i get severe painful attacks in the upper center below rib cage - even twice daily attacks and had to take pain killer. i feel very full like everything gets blocked inside and i had to do lot of vomitings to take everything out. everytime nothing was digested at all whenver i vomited. last attack was so severe that i had to goto ER where they gave me first injection but it didnt give relief then they gave another injection which was quite strong and within ten minutes i got relief finally and came home. i have been avoiding surgery to my best but am scared of my recent attack. does carb blocker worsen my situtation more?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 16th, 2011
Gallbladder Disease Answer A18544

Welcome to ehealthforum

Dietrine carb blocker should not worsen gall stone condition.Though there are various options available for gall stone treatment but surgery is the best and definitive treatment and especially when it is associated with pain.
You should avoid fatty food as it would increase the pain.Please visit a Physician and discuss the treatment options available.

Take Care!

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.