User Profile
I'm taking 100 mg of Zoloft for OCD. I don't think my OCD is well controlled to the point I'd like it to be. Is it worth trying to higher with the medicine? I've had to have SSRI+Antipsychotic before to manage my OCD including a high dose SSRI. In my past I considered going up to 30 mg of Lexapro, 375 Effexor XR and tried Seroquel XR 300 mg and Abilify 15 mg tablet. Would Prazosin be of any help for obsessive-compulsive symptoms? I have been on up to 20 mg before as well from nighttime OCD. I should mention I've been hospitalized twice from my OCD. I have made attempts to harm myself before when I could not stop the obsessive/intrusive thoughts. Lately, I'm feeling really depressed and my depression runs right alongside the OCD/Anxiety about obsessions. Am I the only one with severe OCD (to this extent)? I feel alone and non-human.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 14th, 2018
Mental Conditions Answer A63147
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. YOu should not manipulate the doses yourself. Consult a psychiatrist, have a few sessions of psychotherapy and see if it helps.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mental Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.