Medical Questions > Womens Health > Endometriosis Forum

severe menstrual bleeding and periods that last months

Must Read
What is endometriosis and where does it occur on a woman's body? We outline the basics of endometriosis here, a condition that can affect millions of women....
Endometriosis can cause infertility...but what are the reasons that a woman might experience this condition? And what puts you at higher risk for developing it?...
Early symptoms of endometriosis can seem normal. But when should you ask your doctor for help? We outline the problem signs and symptoms here....
User Profile
I have severe menstrual bleeding like 5 to 10 pads a day filled. I have periods that last months, ive been put on 5 birth controls and nothing seems to help, my doctor believes I have endometriosis but wanted me to get a second opinion, I have lost my health insurance now and have no way to fix it. I have extreme pelvic pain daily and most of the symptoms but now my skin has been getting really red and ive had ongoing headaches that cause massive pain through my entire head and all the way down my spine to my lower back. Could all of this be due to endometriosis? Its so overwhelming for me and I feel that there is no hopped for me. What should can I do to make it stop?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 15th, 2012
Endometriosis Answer A32835
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If your symptoms have been worsening, you should consider taking second opinion from another gynecologist at the earliest. The symptoms that you describe could be due to presence of fibroids, adenomyosis, endometriosis, PID etc. The exact cause can only be made out after careful evaluation. Usual imaging techniques can at time fail to detect conditions like adenomyosis, endometriosis, etc. Laparoscopic evaluation would be helpful to diagnose as well as treat these conditions. Consider taking a second opinion from anther gynecologist for your symptoms and go ahead with further evaluation. Get started on treatment as appropriate (based on examination and investigations results) to help you control the symptoms. If endometriosis is suspected/diagnosed, regression therapy can work in relieving the symptoms as well as control the endometrial implant growth/spread. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Endometriosis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.