Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

severe itching in early pregnancy

hi i've just found out that i am 4 weeks pregnant i am severely itchy from my head all over my body even my mouth lip as if i have an alergy. Is it possible to take puritan syrup?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 11th, 2009
severe itching in early pregnancy
OMG- I thought I was alone. I just found out I am 4wks pregnant & I am severely itchy all over. I am glad someone else is feeling the same way.. I am going nuts. I am a mother-baby nurse & the only thing I can think of is PUPPS rash.. but that usualy occurs in the last trimester. I am on claritin, zyrtec, & benadryl which seem to be helping... but talk to your doctor first. And although a little smelly- you can get over the counter "Sarna" lotion at walgreens & it cools the skin to help distract you from the itching! Oatmeal baths seem to help as well. I hope this goes away soon!
|

replied April 26th, 2012
I am exactly 4 weeks and itching like mad! i thought it was allergies even my lip. i actually took a fork to bed last night

glad its not just me!!!! thanks !! xxx
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...