Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Severe headaches and left ear throbbing

User Profile
Seen last Friday at er for what we thought was a migraine. Severe headache, light sensitive, heartbeat pounding in left ear(painful), and fever of 101. Cat scan, spinal and blood-work all clear. Went home on pain and nausea meds. Headache remained so severe even with Percocet that Monday returned to er. Dr checked ear finally at my request no infection. Tried imitrex no relief sent home with dilauded and compazine. Now Wednesday, still have headache and throbbing in left ear as well as soreness in neck and upper back probably from being in bed all week. It seems the ear throbbing begins prior to the full return of the headache and even low noises can make me want to scream. Dr cannot see me until the 12th and I am really frustrated. Cannot function. History of migraines but typicaly one side of my head this is the entire top of my head back to the base of my skull. Any ideas on what I should do or ask for I do not tolerate pain meds well due to hiatal (sp?) hernia so that adds to miser

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion
|
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....