Medical Questions > Cancer > Brain Cancer Forum

Severe headaches and forgetful

User Profile
I don't know what i have but here are my symptoms.........
1. severe headaches all over my head
2. my forehead feels likes its bruised i cant even touch it
3.tiredness all the time(note: i dont do anything all day)
4. im always thirsty my lips get dry exteremly fast
5. i forget things

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied August 13th, 2010
Brain Cancer Answer A15244
Hi, welcome to the ehealth forum and I am glad to help you.
You seem concerned by the severe headache with greatest intensity over the forhead.
You might be suffering from tension headache as your symptoms are bilateral and do not follow a specific pattern though associated band like tightness with maximum intensity over the forehead and eyebrows seems to be present in your case.
Tension headaches occur because of physical or emotional stress placed on the body. These stressors can cause the muscles surrounding the skull to clench the teeth and go into spasm. Physical stressors include difficult and prolonged manual labor, or sitting at a desk or computer for long periods of time concentrating. Emotional stress may also cause tension headaches by causing the muscles surrounding the skull to contract. OTC pain medications, massage, biofeedback, and stress management can be used to help with control of tension headaches. As the definitive diagnosis is not possible online, you must consult your personal physician to rule out other causes such as migraine, cluster headache and other secondary causes of headache.
Hope this helps. Take care.
Note: This post is not to emphasise final diagnosis as the same cannot be made online and is aimed just to provide medical information and no treatment suggested above be taken without face to face consultation with health care professional.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Brain basics here - what is a tumor and how do doctors understand brain cancer? ...
What puts you at risk of developing brain cancer? Review the most common risk factors for brain cancer so that you can be informed....
Brain cancer symptoms are wide ranging and various. Look out for these common symptoms of brain cancer and learn when you should seek medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.