Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stroke Forum

severe facial pain after stroke

my husband who had a brain stem stroke april 2015 when he was 48 suffers from intense burning on the right side of his face.it feels like blowtorch.every waking minute.was diag with trigeminal neuralgia but has been treated with everything nothing is working.been to 5 neurologists.maybe not trig neul?has anyone else out there gone through this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 8th, 2018
Hello and welcome to EHF,

I appreciate your concern for your husband.

Trigeminal neuralgia is an excruciatingly painful condition,sudden attacks of pain that lasts for seconds to minutes on one side of the face is called trigeminal neuralgia.

The continous intense burning on one side of his face is something else,I do not think it's trigeminal neuralgia.May be the stroke effected some of his facial nerves so bad that he's still feeling paresthesia.

I hope this is helpful,

Wishing him the best of health.

|
Users who thank MUHAMMAD KHALIL for this post: lrn3566 

replied August 2nd, 2018
thank you for your reply.will do research
|
Tags: Stroke
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during a stroke? What increases your chances of having a stroke? Stroke basics and info on the two types of stroke here....
Strokes can happen with virtually no warning signs. Learn the symptoms of stroke so that you can take immediate action in case of emergency....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Stroke , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.