User Profile
I am 30 years old. Last 10 months I am suffering from severe body,muscle,joint pains whole body , body weakness,mind fog,hearing problem , concentration problem ,memory problem , light body warm feeling,fatigue ,recollecting words problem,light stammering ,mild diarrhea and some times skin itching on stomach and on legs.I consulted general physician. No progress in my problem.On my own I did urine culture test.E choli count is 1,00,000.I don't remember the exact technical bacteria of culture test.Then I consulted urologist.I took medicine for 6 months. There is no reduction in the count.Last week I have undergone cystoscopy test. There is mild bladder infection. I am using medicines.My question is Whether I approached right doctor to the above mentioned symptoms.Doctors are not confident to my problems. They are assuming something and giving medicines.Guide me what is actual reason to my problem? Are there any tests available in India-chennai to find the root cause of this problem

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2010
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Answer A14556
Hi, welcome to the ehealth forum and I am glad to help you.
You seem concerned by the body, muscle and joint pains all over the body with mild diarrhea and recollecting word problem for the last 10 months.
A Urine colony counts should always be done per isolate and not as a total colony count of all organisms. For example, if a clean-catch urine culture grew greater than 100,000 cfu/mL of E. coli, it is taken to be significant. I am not able to comprehend why you had to take 6 months of treatment probably in the form of antibiotics for six months where a repeat culture would have been more appropriate. As far as your symptoms are concerned, there seems to be multisystem symptoms and the possibility of connective tissue disease like SLE must be ruled out. If everything comes out normal on investigations then the possibility of somatic symptoms of some psychiatric disorder shall be considered. You must consult your personal physician as it is not possible to reach a diagnosis online.
Hope this helps. Take care.
Note: This post is not to emphasise final diagnosis as the same cannot be made online and is aimed just to provide medical information and no treatment suggested above be taken without face to face consultation with health care professional.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Tags: health care, skin
Quick Reply
Must Read
Joint pain and joint damage affect more than 45 million Americans. Learn the basics of joint anatomy, and types of joint damage here....
Common causes of joint disease include trauma, aging, stress and body weight. Are you at risk of damaging the joints? More here on causes of joint pain....
Is that lump on your wrist cause for concern? Learn to identify signs and symptoms of joint damage here. Plus, know when to seek help for joint pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chronic Fatigue Syndrome , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.