Hi, i'm really new to this website and i've seen a few posts like this so decided to post here.
I'm 16 years old. When i was 14, somebody spiked my drink with strong hallucenogenics and i went to hospital for 3 days because of it.
Since then, i panic a lot in big crowds of people or in situations i don't feel comfortable in and i have a constant feeling like i'm going to throw up. That makes me panic even more as i have a severe fear of vomiting as a result of something that happened in my childhood.
I have herbal remedies to take when i get very worked up, but i still have panic attacks a lot of the time, especially at night when i am alone. Has anyone experienced/are experiencing this? I'd like to know if i'm the only one and maybe some tips on how to keep the sickness feeling away.
I have tried asking my mother to take me to the doctors but she is convinced they will do nothing except put me on anti-depressants.

Thank you,
Sarah
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 4th, 2011
I have had the same thing for years. Anxiety, panic, fear of throwing up especially if in a crowd or public setting. When I was younger and out riding with friends, I always had to sit by the door just in case I had to throw up. I never did but it was always in my mind. Back in grade school a doctor had me use an over the counter medicine called emetrol.It was like a syrup. It was for nausea, vomiting. It did help to ease my mind when I took a shot and helped me through school. Always carried a bottle on me back in 7-8th grade.
|

replied September 4th, 2011
Hi I have experienced the panic attacks and especially the nausea with it and I have a hard time breathing from my stomach. You are not alone in feeling anxiety. Many people do that may not even seem like it from the outside but what you are experiencing is not uncommon in my opinion. Try meditation on a regular basis. Just quiet the mind and listen to therapeutic brainwave music. It w orks for me. I also use essential oils and flower essences breathing exercises and herbs. Smile
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...