Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

severe almost violent spasms as I fall asleep

I have recently been having a lot of issues with my sleep. I have insomnia, sleep paralysis, sleep apnea. I just recently was put on oxygen for the sleep apnea however, I was telling the Dr's that most of the time I was being tested I wasn't asleep only trying to fall asleep. Anyway, since I got the oxygen and I have no idea if one is related to the other but I have been experiencing many severe almost violent involuntary spasms as I start to fall asleep. Not those normal ones that most people have but ones where my arms actually shoot out violently or half my body flies up in bed. Feels like a quick little seizure.It is very uncomfortable and of course keeps me from falling asleep. Does anyone know what Iam talking about? And why I am now at 38 just experiencing this type of sleep problem? Could it have anything to do with the oxygen I was put on for Sleep apnea?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 15th, 2014
Active User, very eHealthy
This is a question best answered by your doctor that has examined you and knows your unique medical history. That said, this sounds like more than a benign hypnic jerk. Keep us posted what you find out.
|
Did you find this post helpful?