Hello guys

I'm moving in a couple of weeks so will be switching my doctors hence why I haven't been to see the doctor yet.

Ive had neck pain for about 5 years now, it comes and goes, mostly when I'm standing up walking around being busy, and I put it down to bad posture.

However about half a year ago, I noticed I had a lump in the left side of my neck, and also one in the right side, in an identical position. However the one on the left is significantly more prominent. When I push down on the left one, it hurts and I can feel a sharp pain in my head. The one on the right doesn't have the same pain effect. Thought maybe they were knots?

In the past few months I've been getting really bad headaches and when I push down on the left side lump it almost offers some relief for a moment, most of my headaches localise from the lump.

Lately I've noticed several more lumps on the left side, about 5 in total. They are all hard, and if I push on them they hurt. They don't move around.

Last night I had a pretty bad headache and could hear whooshing sounds like my blood squeezing through into my head, I've always been able to hear the heartbeat in my head and it wasn't that, it was a whoosh whoosh.

I also spend a lot of time at the computer so I thought my headaches might be because I need to wear glasses.

But yeah, there's about 5 or 6 lumps in my neck, they aren't necessarily big, though the identical ones on each side I mentioned are about the size of a 10p coin

I'm also staying at my parents house and at the moment I'm staying in a room that has a damp issue, I keep it well ventilated but I thought maybe my lymphnodes might be swollen from irritation to the damp.

I don't drink alcohol so I wouldn't have the alcohol symptom for hodgkins. I'm pretty tired all the time, but I've always been a sleepy person. I have an appetite, and I haven't had the flu or cold or sicknesses for a whole year (first time in my life I've gone a whole year without getting sick in anyway!)

I don't do drugs, I don't drink, I smoke about 5-6 cigarettes a day, and I eat pretty healthily (home cooked meals, fruit veg etc)

Any advice on what these lumps could be would be appreciated. As soon as I get to my new house in two weeks, I will register at the doctors and get checked out! Thanks for your help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 20th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
These could be lymph nodes.
I would suggest you to have ultrasound neck and MRI cervical spine to sort out the problem .
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gland Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.