I have sever pain in the middle of the palm of my right hand the pain also goes into the middle finger of my right hand. when I wake in the morning the pain is massive and sometimes wakes me in the night. I also have nodules on the bottom of my middle finger on the bone. I started with the symtoms 2 weeks ago and no better. I have been to the doctors twice and they are not sure. Can somebody please give me some answers.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 18th, 2012
Hand pain may develop for a number of reasons -- fracture and infection are among the most serious while sprains and strains are among the most common. There are rare causes of symptoms that will not be included here and would require more detailed evaluation than this guide can provide.
|

replied March 18th, 2012
Thanks for your reply. Its not a fracture or a sprain, so I guess yes there could be infection but considering I have been to the doctors twice and they are not sure it leaves me to wonder what else could be the problem. Im awaiting to see a hand specilist which I'm sure will take a long time to happen.
|

replied October 26th, 2012
Finger pain early in morning
My wife complains of similar pain her fingers including swelling and pain in toes and sole of feet, specially in the morning.
Any further diagnosis by any doctor please?
|

User Profile
replied October 26th, 2012
Especially eHealthy
NAS1974,

Reading the original poster's message, that member probably has inflammatory tenosynovitis. This is also called Trigger Finger. Many of these patients will have nodules on the flexor tendons, which can be tender. If the nodules get large enough, they can get stuck in the pulleys of the fingers, causing the fingers to lock (trigger finger).

But, there are a lot of things which can cause pain in the hands and fingers. Is your wife having exactly the same problems as the member in the first post above, or are hers a little different?

Again, what the member who made the first post has, is most likely inflammatory tenosynovitis.

But, swelling, lumps, and bumps in the hand have numerous etiologies. These can includes, but are not limited to: Dupuytrens' contractures, ganglion cysts, EIC (epidermal inclusion cysts), fibromas, granulomas, foreign body granulomas, tophi, inflammatory arthropathies, tendonitis, and the list goes on.

Without more information, and most likely a thorough examination, it is not really possible to tell what the cause of your wife’s swelling and tenderness could be.

Good luck.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....