Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > Pharmaceuticals Forum

serum lithium test is 0.04 what it means

User Profile
my serum lithium test is 0.04 what it means 10 days ago it was 1.54 so i stopped taking lithium carbonate 800mg it was my dosage for one year , same time i am taking prednisolone 20mg a day

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 19th, 2014
General Q and A Answer A50125
Thank you for asking

It means the lithium levels are decreasing. You stopped it but lithium has still remnants of it due to prolonged use and half life. It will be out of your system eventually.

I hope you are using prednisone for a reason as they may cause you a lot of troubles.

Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Pharmaceuticals , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.