Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Sertraline - Weird sensation in head / Migraine type pain

Hi approximately 2 weeks ago I was prescribed the Drug Sertraline to help with anxiety isuses I have been experiencing. The GP in question prescribed a dosage of 50 mg to be taken 1 x times per day. After taking this tablet I experienced a pretty bad reaction and ended up having what can be described as a mini seisure and encountered a popping sesnation within my head. Since taking this drug I initally developed a painful pressure and swelling feeling within my head and I have now gone onto develop constant migraines, confusion, intemidate weakeness in right arm, not being able to feel certain emotions and generally feeling spaced out most of the time. I have been to both my GP and Hospital in relation to these issues where various tests such as CT Scan, Blood work, ECG have been performed. I am starting to become concerned about these symtoms and I am kind of worried that the Sertraline triggered some event that has damaged parts of my brain.
Has anyone experience these type of symptoms with this drug?
I feel like I have no where elese to turn to get answers.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....