Medical Questions > Womens Health > Hysterectomy Forum

Serous Fluid Post-Super Cervical Hysterectomy

Must Read
Is ovarian cancer connected with ovarian cysts? What types of ovarian cancer do doctors diagnose? Get the basic facts on ovarian cancer here....
Some women are at higher risk of developing ovarian cancer. Who is in the highest risk group and what can you do to reduce risk of ovarian cancer?...
Ovarian cancer symptoms can be vague or caused by many other conditions. Learn what to look for and know when to seek help for ovarian cancer here....
I had a super-cervical hysterectomy July 14th, and now after a CT/CAT Scan I have serous fluid the size of 4.9 x 3.7 x 19 cm in size. I am still encountering a lot of pain in the area where this small focal serous fluid collection is. My questions are: Will this drain on it's own since the surgical site is closed and/or will a drain need to be surgically placed in order for the serous fluid to be drained? What do I need to do in order to have this taken care of. I am taking 600 milligrams of Motrin which does not seem to help the pain. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 14th, 2010
Welcome to the forum. I am really glad to help you out. Small collections of fluid can get absorbed but larger collections need to be drained. The serous fluid is really quite large in size and I presume it needs to be drained. For the same, you’ll need o consult a gynecologist/surgeon.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hysterectomy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.