Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

Serious addiction to drinking alcohol

Guys, i have a serious addiction to drinking. I cannot even control 2 days without drinking? I started drinking initially just for fun and now it has made fun of my life now. Can anyone suggest me anything to come out of this phase?
Did you find this post helpful?

replied February 1st, 2012
Experienced User
Many times it has happened that people drink as a fun but after some time it is become an addiction. People are know the dangers of alcoholism but then also they cannot try to understand. This is good that at least now you are aware of side effects of alcoholism and you want to come out of it. I think concern any doctor or health expert who will give you the best medication on this. Hope, you will recover from this soon.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 22nd, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. You need to sign up for alcohol quitting programs. AA, support group and psychotherapy sessions will help.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about mental disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a mental health condition. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for mental conditions....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Addiction, Recovery , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.