User Profile
54-yo male, head fracture at age 4, with boulder, half the size of a loaf of bread, dropped from 15-ft above me. X-rays done, return visit to remove stitches. Then: I feel I have sensory processing disorder, or some neurological issues. Only saw a neurologist for the first time a few days ago. Before I said much at all, doctor blurted out: "It's not neurological - it's your PTSD." No questions asked of me at all. The PTSD, which I have, stems from molestation less than a year after the head trauma. The doc obviously read this on my e-record that I see a psychiatrist bi-weekly for a year now. That's when I disclosed the molestation to my wife of 33 yrs. Why SPD? Hyper-vigilant nerves, head to toe. Slept 3-5 hrs max till age 19, feeling "itchy" head to toe for hrs. Very sensitive to noise, fabrics, pain -FOURTEEN Novocain shots for ONE cavity, but the pain was STILL excruciating, work out a lot, but STILL cryingly sort in same muscles daily. Pls pardon the meandering here. Thank you.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 6th, 2014
Brain and Head Injuries Answer A47103
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

Well, the symptoms may be due to PTSD related both to the head trauma and to the molestation you faced. However, before we jump to this conclusion, it is important to rule out conditions such as fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, autoimmune disorders, diabetes, thyroid issues, vitamin B12 deficiency, vitamin D deficiency, low folic acid and dry skin.

If all these are ruled out then get a complete psychiatric re-evaluation done to assess whether he symptoms are the physical manifestations of PTSD. Also, you may need sleep studies as well. Please re-consult your doctor regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain and Head Injuries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.