Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Cold, Flu and Viral Infections Forum

Sensitive skin, bruising, getting sick all the time?

I am 17 year old girl, exercise in PE everyday for an hour and a half and for the past two years I've just been getting sicker and sicker and in the last 6 months it's become very bad. I've missed TONS of school from getting stupid colds and viruses all the time. Also recently I've noticed how easily and randomly I bruise. My bruises also last a really long time and look worse than I think they should. In the past couple recent months, I've noticed my skin on my arms and legs is extremely sensitive. If someone just taps me lightly it radiates through my whole upper arm. My heart also beats irregularly pretty often. I don't know what this is and whenever I ask my doctor she says "I don't know." I get scared about these things and she's not taking me seriously.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2011
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

From the history provided it seems that you do have a immunological disorder.

You might benefit by consulting a rheumatologist for skin and blood tests for a definitive diagnosis and proper treatment.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cold, Flu and Viral Infections , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.