Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Sensitive breasts and back

Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
User Profile
I am a 21 year old female who is in good health. I am 5 feet 10 inches tall and I weigh approximately 150 lbs. I am a junior in college and have a Type A personality, I have a lot of stress in my life and have dealt with anxiety issues in the past, they are better now, but I am generally a pretty anxious person overall.

For the past month, I have been experiencing very sensitive breasts, not dependent on my menstrual cycle. Whenever i press on my left breast or move it, pressing on my breast bone/ breast tissue, I feel pain. Also, my back behind my left breast has been hurting as well. Being that this is the side which my heart is on, I am naturally worried about a heart issue. My father had a heart attack when he was 38 years old. I have never had abnormal bloodworm before. I have had an EKG and heart echo around 4 years ago and everything was normal. I am wondering is this is something that I need to go to the ER about? Or make a doctor's appointment? Thanks

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 14th, 2017
General Q and A Answer A60046
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Pain in breast bone and breast over it with normal echo and type A personality is likely anxiety related . it could be hormonal as with varying hormones in a cycle, pain may vary. Take some tylenol for the pain and see if it helps. Low doses of anxiolytics can also be considered.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.