Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Semi-hard erections

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....

I wanted to know about PE, I trying to see what my choices are. My man hood works
and I have no kind of pain or health problems that I know of. My cholesterol & blood pressure was a little high, but got them down by eating right and working out. The only thing is my penis does not get fully hard most of the time whale have any kind of sex. At best it is semi-hard and ejaculates very quickly, rings work some, but it's still semi-hard. I have been now trying to make my PC muscle stronger,vacuum pumping for more blood flow and practicing ejaculation control.

It seems that the vacuum pump is the only thing as far that makes my penis rock hard.Is these methods the best things to be doing. I don't want the little blue pills or any other drugs if I can help it.

Black Male, age: 40, fit, non-smoker, non drinker
I work-out and take vitamins

Thank you,

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 22nd, 2010
Hi there Vince. Thank you for asking a question on Ehealthforum. PE or premature ejaculation is a difficult subject as I'm sure you are only all too well aware. Not least is the difficulty of coming up with an agreed definition. Because what might be premature ejaculation to one man might be an entirely satisfactory sexual response to another.

Another aspect of this "condition", if indeed condition it is, is that it involves two people. You are silent on this aspect of your PE. If you are in a steady relationship and your quickness to reach ejaculation is impacting negatively on that relationship then, on the one hand, this instills a particular seriousness into the situation, while on the other, it opens up more treatment options. Committed couples can practise 'start stop' and 'squeeze' techniques to gain control of ejaculation timing. This however is not really an option during more casual sexual encounters. In situations like this perhaps the very occasional taking of a SSRI like Seroxat might be most beneficial.

In seems to me also that you have spent enough time and energy in trying to fix your PE on your own. It also occures to me that there maybe more than a tad of performane anxiety creeping into your situation and that this is causing a degree of erectile dysfunction. In a word, I believe it is time you discussed your PE with an expert and if there is a partner involved bring her along also. Good luck

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.