Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

semi hard balls of very foul smelling stuff with Sneezing?

Occasionally when I sneeze semi hard balls of very foul smelling stuff come out with the sneeze. Is this something to be concerned about?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 5th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
seems that it should be all the time. but it would seem to be indicative of infection
check your tempurature
do u have respiratory ailment(s)
good luck
|

replied August 16th, 2011
Tonsil Stones, reply to her question
Hi,
I agree that it is tonsil stones. But, I had a lot of food allergies during the past few years. I had tonsil stones and mine stopped. My tonsils are fine and no doctor has ever said I would need to have them taken out. I believe it is from a food allergy, that the develop inside and come out of the tonsils due to that. My guess is that you may or may not have other symptoms related to a food allergy or intolerance. I would stop all dairy, and I do mean all dairy, for a month or two and see if they stop. I was certain mine developed when I was eating dairy. It would be easier to try someone else's mouthwash or other such. But, that is a bandaid to a problem. Finding the cause is much more helpful. You can put a Q-tip on the area just next to the tonsil and push the tonsil stones out. I did that to remove them. It was helpful, made me more comfortable. When I decided to start eating dairy again, they came back. It might be a different food allergy, but I believe it was the dairy. Doctors really don't know the cause of everything. I had eczema all my life and they said it was not related to anything, just inherited/genetic. Now, after such a long time, they finally agree and believe that dairy and other foods do help cause some types of eczema. I know it is true from my own experience. So, I know tonsil stones can be cured, if you do an elimination diet and remove dairy 1st as it is the most likely cause. I hope this helps.
|

User Profile
replied August 8th, 2011
Experienced User
Very likely an infection, see a doctor when you can, maybe in the mean time if it persists nasal rinsing may help
|

replied August 10th, 2011
You probably have what's called "tonsil stones" in pockets that have developed in your tonsils, and the pockets are probably full of those stones. You can google "tonsil stones" on You Tube to get a better understanding of what they are. The only cure is to have your tonsils removed. The stones are remnants of food particles that form balls. An Ear, Nose, and Throat (ENT) can help you.
|

replied August 14th, 2011
I went to the doctor for this and was told it is tonsil stones and I needed my tonsils out or I would have all kinds of problems later, this was about 20 years ago and I still have my tonsils. When your throat get's dry you will get stones over night. Go to Target,CVS and maybe Walgreens and get you some THERA BREATH mouthwash (it's in a green bottle) and use it before you go to bed and within a day or two your stones will be gone.Use eash night and no more stones. I have no interest in this product I'm just a customer. It was invented by a doctor for his daughter.
|
Tags: sneezing
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....