Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

semen comes out rather thick

User Profile
hello doctors, i have a question!
for quite some time now when i masturbate my semen comes out rather thick and i am kinda worried of what it might be so can anyone of you tell me what might be the reason. i am 20 and i searched it up some say its normal some says its an infection so im really worried and im abit embarrassed to go to the hospital.
another thing is right below my tip there is some white thing inside i have to squeeze it sometimes to get it out and i searched it up too and it said it happens to non circumcised but mine is circumcised please i would be really grateful if someone helped me on these two matters, i am really looking forward for a quick reply

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 9th, 2016
Mens Conditions Answer A57100
Welcome to e health forum.

By your history, you might be indicating a thick semen.

Semen is the fluid that comes out from the end of a man's penis when he has an orgasm and ejaculates. It is usually white, but may also be slightly grey or yellow.

Normal semen volume ejaculated each time is between 2 and 6 ml. 65% of the volume is from seminal vesicles, 30-35% is from the prostate and only 5% from the testicles.

More semen which is thicker, usually comes out if a man has not ejaculated for many days. But this does not mean any kind of sexual disorder or disease.

If you have any doubts, consult with your doctor for a proper medical opinion.

I hope this helps.

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.