Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

self harming geting worse

i did it again.
this time it was bad. really bad. i got angry with my bf when we YM i screamed and shouted until my mom knocked the door and asked whats going on. not only did i screamed and yelled i hit myself really bad. i mean really. i punched my hands till it bruised. god it hurts. i slapped my legs, my face all coz i hate myself for being stupid. i should be punished for the stupidity ive put everyone in. even writing here i feel like im burdening everybody who reads this.

i am not a patient person. seriously im not. i can get angry realy fast. when i get angry my heart races and my hands suddenly feel very light and i start doing things. i start hitting and slapping myself. its like an itch. when ur hands or legs or anywhere are itchy, u just have the urge to scratch. same goes to the beatings. when i get so dam angry, i just have the urge to hit myself. i just want to do horrible stuff to myself. i just want to scream.

ive tried stopping this urge. i dont want to live like this for all of my life. i tried taking ice cubes and put it to where i feel like hitting, ive tried the rubber band thingy, i tried hitting the pillows instead of myself. but none of them worked. none of them gave me a deep satisfaction. none. and plus i feel stupid when i do that.

and going to the psychiatrist is out of the question. no. where i am from, theres no such thing as psychiatrists.

right now, my only option is just to be patient and hope that this urge would go away. but i dont know how long it can last..

i need help. pls.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 26th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Re: harming geting worse.
shoeholic wrote:

and going to the psychiatrist is out of the question. no. where i am from, theres no such thing as psychiatrists.
i need help. pls.

It's unfortunate that you can not go this route however have you tried anger management classes?

Maybe try not to let things bother you...take it one step at a time...

~Zig
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....