Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

Self Harm...I thought I was done

For years, I self harmed. I would cut myself. I had an eating disorder as-well. I would get upset and not eat for days. The past year and a half I have been able to overcome most of my eating disorder and I have stopped cutting...but there's something else...when I get angry, upset, sad, mad...I hit myself. It might be a punch to the arm, or leg. A bite, or hickey on my arm. Ive never really thought about this as self-harm before I read about someone doing it. I don't know what I can do...I am a smoker, and it does help if I smoke if I feel this way but I can not always find a way to. I need help...and i'm so scared to tell anyone. i'm afraid they'll look at me funny...because I know a few years ago I would have freaked out if I knew someone who hit themselves. My parents are out of the question too, they are the ones creating 80% of the pain I feel and when I came to them about cutting not once, but three times...they just told me I was stupid. I'm just lost. I'm tired of feeling sore...seeing all these bruises.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2012
Experienced User
I self harm too. I cut,burn and hit myself I gave myself a black eye with a hammer a few years back I have also kneed a wall almost broke it. But after I while I realised that's the most painful and noticeable way to be caught so channeled that into other hobbies please feel free to message me anytime
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....