i am trying to figure out if i need some kind of medicine to treat my self esteem problems because they keep getting worse and they are causing me to be severely depressed.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 1st, 2009
Experienced User
I have self esteem issues, I gained weight and feel bad about that, I also had my teeth pulled so I don't look good any more I avoid looking in the mirror. I usually keep myself distracted not to think about it. Since there is nothing I can do to fix it. I don't socialize I stay home all of the time.
|

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2010
self esteem:took a chance, put myself out there, no expectations
I also have self esteem issues.... its been like this for over 10 years.... Almost everyone I have ever met has always told me I'm amazingly talented and beautiful... But Im always stuck and hiding myself from it all...

I think last week was the first time I considered really feeling it... Felling that I am amazingly talented and beautiful....
It hit me because of an "event", I put myself out there and took a chance, shared what they have always complimented me on... Shared my art... taking risks.... and their reactions were "extreme" (new people) (new situation) I took a step forward, took a chance.... and did it with NO EXPECTATIONS, just for the heck of it.... wow.......
I hope it works and hope it helps me get something done with my life

Im seeking "educated, specialized help" also... wish me luck... good luck to all of you too....
|

replied January 23rd, 2010
Experienced User
Low self esteem is something I don't think you can get over, I wrote earlier but I didn't mention what caused the low self esteem. I come from a childhood of physical, mental, and sexual abuse. I suffer bipolar, Borderline Personality, Anxiety and so forth. With some of the medication I am on, I feel happier then I have been in years, but I still have low self esteem - so I don't think there is any actual medication to fix that specific problem.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....