I have been having seizures for about ten years now. At first they were mild but lately the aftermath has been horrible. It takes over a week to get back to normal. This last seizure left me with a strange depression, it’s as if the only memories I can remember are every bad thing ever done to me. I hear noises in my head like loud banging sounds, there’s a burning smell (probably my brain frying) and I am experiencing horrible constipation and flatulent. Loss of appetite, I shared a hamburger with a 4 year old and couldn’t even finish my half! I don’t think I have eaten a pound of food all week. And for the first time I am actually afraid I will never get back to normal. I’ve tried Dilantin, Depakote, and now they’re trying a new one Briviact, whose side effects are depression, suicide, and acts of violence (last thing I need).
I suspect my real problem is the pinched nerve in my neck, that has taken the feeling out of fingers on my left hand, but my doctor says that can’t be the problem. Even though every test, scan, or MRI he’s done has failed to find a cause. I really feel there is a connection to the pinched nerve and the seizures and if I could just get the nerve unpinned, I could get rid of the seizures. But my doctor just wants to keep me on meds that have so many side affects that I think they do more harm than good. In seizure mode I am a zombie, and if I am alone when I have one, people have robbed, raped, molested and left me for dead. I hate thinking that I have gone all through that horrible stuff when all I needed was to move a bone off of a nerve, but that’s what I believe. Is it possible that I am right?
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....