Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Seemingly Mysterious Severe RLQ Abdominal Pain?

Okay, so I'll start off by saying that I am an 18 year old female with a lot of health problems. Lately (since early February of this year, 2015), I have been having really severe stabbing pain in my lower right abdomen that started really suddenly (while I was sleeping- it woke me up) and it was coming and going for the first like 3 weeks, but then felt like something had popped or something during week 3 and then it became constant. I have been in the Emergency Room 7 times for it, in the hospital twice because of the pain causing my heart to race (tachycardia), and I have been to a gynecologist and gastroenterologist for it and neither of them have any idea what it is because it most of my test results (blood tests, CTs, X-rays, colonoscopy, upper endoscopy, and capsule endoscopy) have come back normal, except the blood in my stool (which showed up on the stool sample test) and the stool test where they check for white blood cells (that one was positive too). My GI doctor doesn't think it can be IBS because of the blood and WBC in the stool and the ability for the pain to reach such an intensity to cause my heart to reach 180bpm and my temperature to randomly be 101 degrees (when normally it is 95 or 96 degrees) and causing such bad nausea and vomiting. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and had it resolved or if anyone has any suggestions on what to do next. I'm currently on a pain medication (Percocet-5mg) that I apparently have a tolerance to already (like apparently every other medication on the planet- literally no medications have any effect on me, no matter how high the dose). Thank you for any suggestions you may have, I appreciate anything, as my GI doctor thinks that my next step should be to try going to Mayo clinic (and I live in the east part of Wisconsin, so that would be costly to get there).
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2015
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

Blood in the stool and severe crampy abdominal pain are symptoms that indicate conditions like Inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis, Crohns disease), Dysentery, etc.

Crohn’s disease is a form of immune disease that causes inflammation, or swelling, and irritation of any part of the digestive tract. This is a remitting and relapsing condition and does not have a complete cure. But the disease progression can be controlled with medications and diet modification.

The goals of treatment are to control inflammation, correct nutritional deficiencies, and relieve symptoms such as abdominal pain, diarrhea, and rectal bleeding.

Treatment can help control Crohn’s disease and make recurrences less frequent, but no cure exists. Someone with Crohn’s disease may need long-lasting medical care and regular doctor visits to monitor the condition. With proper support, most people with Crohn’s disease have full lives—balancing families, careers, and activities.

It would be helpful if you can consult your doctor and get proper medical evaluation and treatment.

I hope this helps.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Heart Health
Quick Reply
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.