Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

seeing electrophysicalogist next week

Dizziness/lightheadedness started around Christmas 2014. I was getting stressed at the time. After months of this going on decided to go to a ENT and neurologist, Had EEG done, VNG(balance test)and MRI, all come back normal. ENT said no ear or sinus problem. Neurologist said no problems either.Have had blood work done. Throid under control. Checked for menopause because I will be turning 50 in a few weeks. They said that was ok. Had my adrenal gland checked, that is fine. So what now. I wait to see if will go away on it's own. 4 months later I have a AFIB attack. So there thinking it is my heart. They send me home on Lopressor the next day after they do a ultrasound of my heart which was fine. That evening started to feel the same, after few days my heart rate dropped very low. I'm back in the hospital. Stay overnight released on 24 hour heart monitor which didn't show anything. So a new cardiologist put in a loop recorder. I've had it in a few weeks now and all they have said is probably aniexty.Since yesterday my blood pressure went high which has been fairly normal. They upped my norvasc, not sure if working right yet. This head feeling like sometimes sometimes it is misfiring for a split second, feeling unwell all the time. Sometimes head pressure, tingling, pulsations, brain fog, it's something everyday, throughout the day. I am going to a electrophysicalogist next week. Hopefully I can get some answers. It does take over your life. Afraid to do anything. Aniexty is very high. It makes you that way. I don't know where else to turn. Any suggestions?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 30th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
These symptoms are consistent with anxiety disorder. You would need anxiolytic like propanolol and psychotherapy sessions like CBT to combat this problem.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.