Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

Secondary bone cancer after liver cancer

Hi,

i dont really know where to start, am new here. so, i have a transplatation of the liverbehind me, that was in 2008, i had a liver cancer. after a while i was ok, but then last year was found with secondary bone cancer, the first time they did radiation and evrything was fine, now since last week, they did a CT, they found three other locations, they say that they will still do radiation, but then the worst of all is that my professor prescribed me sutent, that is a chemotherapy tablet. am scared of all the side effects of sutent, and again my biggest question is, can this tumor cells go to the organs, ok they say that those tumor cells that are in the bone, they are from the old liver, somebody please talk to me.

Angie
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 1st, 2010
Since I do not have access either to you or to your medical records, I really cannot offer you a specific diagnosis or medical advice, unfortunately. You did not indicate what type of liver cancer you were diagnosed with, but hepatocellular cancer can spread to the bones (so can other tpyes of cancer, as well).

More than likely, these bone tumors are the result of your previous liver cancer. However, as I mentioned, I am simply not able to confirm that this is the case based upon the information that you have provided.

I hope that your bone tumors will respond to Sutent.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
The liver is the largest organ of the body. What happens when liver cells start to overgrow? What types of liver cancer can develop?...
Most of the time, liver cancer does not originate in the liver but has spread from other parts of the body. Learn what puts you at risk of this serious disease....
Symptoms of liver cancer may go unnoticed in the early stages of the disease. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bone Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.