Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Seborrheic dermitits, UTIs and yeast, related?

User Profile
Hello Dr. I have been suffering from Seborrheic dermitits for about two years now. In the past couple of months I have gotten multiple UTIs. I just ended my antibiotic treatment for the UTI and my seborrheic derm had a sudden flare up. Now I have another UTI. I am wondering how these may be related. I think it may be from a yeast problem that I have but Im not sure what to do about it. So far I have been taking probiotics and an a yeast cleanse supplement but this seems to not be working. thanks for your time

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 4th, 2012
Skin Answer A40092
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

Seborrheic dermatitis is a chronic recurring condition and has inactive periods along with flare ups. It can only be controlled by avoiding the risk factors and self skin care. It may improve during the summer conditions.

Regarding the UTI it is quite common in females and recurrence is also prevalent. For recurrent UTI you should talk to your doctor and go for some detailed investigations like urine culture, ultrasound, and blood sugar to look for the cause. Apart from this, please try following.
1.Drink plenty of fluids.

2.Do not hold urine for long time.

3.Maintain good local hygiene.

4. Have craneberry juice as it helps in combating infection.

If the symptoms persist then underlying kidney/ urethra causes need to be ruled out. Dermatitis and UTI do not seem to be related to each other.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.