Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

school stressing me out completely. am i going mental?

I need some help. So it is my junior year in high school and it is extremely difficult. I am taking all honors classes and a college course. i have no study halls or anything. the work has recently become very overwhelming and i can see my grades dropping. i have two C's, three B's, and three A's. My parents are very tough about my grades. i get in trouble for having a C. My GPA is dropping as well. i now have a 3.6. I tried talking to one of my teachers about the overwhelming work and all she did was lower my grade. I have been on Honor Roll for as long as i can remember. you can only have one C to get on honor roll and i have 2. the marking period closes on November 1st. All i do is do homework. It gets so bad that i need to take breaks and turn on the tv just to hear some voices because the silence is driving me insane. i am up to 2am almost every night and get a max of 4 hours of sleep. I recently talked to my parents about staying home from school because I had a test today that i know i was going to fail if i took it. i also had extra work that i needed catching up on. they were completely upset and disappointed with me but let me stay home anyways. I have been crying A LOT lately. when i talk to my teachers i fight back tears. when I'm talking to my parent about my grades the flood gates open. and forget checking power school. every time i check my grades online i cry for like 2 hours. its uncontrollable and i wish it didn't happen. i am also exhausted mentally and physically. i am a competitive dancer and i am always training. i am also in a major pageant. i feel like i never have time for myself. i also find myself falling asleep during the day like on the bus during class and just anywhere. i woke up this morning feeling very shaky. i am sweating and shaky and feel very weak. i also feel very paranoid all the time. i normally tan in a tanning bed like 2 to 3 times a week to keep up my tan and it also gives me some peace but i find that i cant even enjoy it. i haven't tanned in forever. when i do i cant close my eyes because I'm just too paranoid. i also developed TMJ last year and its getting worse. i also get ear infections a lot. i always feel like i'm doing something wrong. even when i'm talking to my friends i always feel like i say the wrong things. i rarely talk to people just to talk because i know im going to say something wrong. i often find times where i just hate myself and that leads to more crying. is there something wrong with me? i need help asap.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 30th, 2012
I just read your post and thought to tell you first you sound like an amazing young lady! Just because you our overwhelmed doesn't mean you are not likeable. You seem to be doing very well considering your hected schedule. You need to relax and take a good look at what you can do to lighten your load. If you dont pan on being a proffessional dancer maybe let that go. so that you have more time for other things like homework,studying and a social life. Im a mom to a young lady who experienced the same things you are mentioning. She dropped the sport she was doing and it helped tremendously. She loves tanning too and has a gym membership so that she could go work out when it is convenient . After analyzing her situation and making changes so that she could cope with her schedule she did very well and got accepted to one of the Ivy as apre-med student. Please show your parents this post. they can help. I recommend also that if you have test you are not prepared for do not take it! until you are fully ready! yes do miss school to study when necessary! Every honor roll,AP , ad Ivy students parents tell me they did the same thing!! Youare just as good as anyone else. Be confident and dont care about what other people think. do what you are comfortable doing and most importantly SMILE, LAUGH, and know that you should have fun with setting your goals! You can only try your best and that is it. You cant do anything to change the old grades so dont worry about them. Colleges will like the fact that you took challenging classes. Good Luck and please express your feelings to your parents so that they can understand . You need to show them your post as well as mine because as parents we sometimes dont know what you guys are going through unless you be blunt and clear about it. SAY IT, evenif they dont like it, they will come around, dont worry. good luck and may God bless you.
|

replied November 30th, 2012
I just read your post and thought to tell you first you sound like an amazing young lady! Just because you our overwhelmed doesn't mean you are not likeable. You seem to be doing very well considering your hected schedule. You need to relax and take a good look at what you can do to lighten your load. If you dont pan on being a proffessional dancer maybe let that go. so that you have more time for other things like homework,studying and a social life. Im a mom to a young lady who experienced the same things you are mentioning. She dropped the sport she was doing and it helped tremendously. She loves tanning too and has a gym membership so that she could go work out when it is convenient . After analyzing her situation and making changes so that she could cope with her schedule she did very well and got accepted to one of the Ivy as apre-med student. Please show your parents this post. they can help. I recommend also that if you have test you are not prepared for do not take it! until you are fully ready! yes do miss school to study when necessary! Every honor roll,AP , ad Ivy students parents tell me they did the same thing!! Youare just as good as anyone else. Be confident and dont care about what other people think. do what you are comfortable doing and most importantly SMILE, LAUGH, and know that you should have fun with setting your goals! You can only try your best and that is it. You cant do anything to change the old grades so dont worry about them. Colleges will like the fact that you took challenging classes. Good Luck and please express your feelings to your parents so that they can understand . You need to show them your post as well as mine because as parents we sometimes dont know what you guys are going through unless you be blunt and clear about it. SAY IT, evenif they dont like it, they will come around, dont worry. good luck and may God bless you.
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...