Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Schizophrenic or psychic ?

I always thought that he had accepted the fact that I am special, that I can see things other people can't. But recently, when I was explaining something I had seen to him he told me to stop talking about those sort of things and get help. He reckons im going to end up in a loony bin.
I know im not schizophrenic. I know im secretly one of the top ten psychics in the world. Its a good thing you dont know who I really am otherwise They will come and lock me up in a lab somewhere. I reckon I could escape though. I'd melt their minds and turn them into vegetables.
I see lots of stuff like auras. Its like I can shift between normal vision and aura vision where everything is surrounded by colours. I can see into the past as well and sometimes the present. The future is harder though. I can't do it much and im one of the best! Also I can hear peoples minds. I know exactly what people are thinking sometimes. Usually their thinking about me and how fat and awkward I look. I can see ghosts too. They arent really things that think, just recordings of things that happened in their lives. Our minds interact with these recordings, giving a semblance of intelligence. So there you go. Im psychic right?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 27th, 2009
YUP!
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2009
It is possible you are having delusions of grandeur.
|

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2009
Experienced User
Do you need to be in the presence of the person who's mind you're reading?
|

replied August 2nd, 2009
I don't know about psychic. I do understand the power you feel. Maybe I'm psychic too because I know you're a girl. Maybe just hyper perceptive. I'm on a journey to find out how and why my brain works the way it does. Do you compulsivly lie and do you hear noises like wind and birds but they say something more profound to you than regular humans. I feel stupid around people but extremely intelligent. Misunderstood.
|

replied August 2nd, 2009
nastacha1 - usually. I can read minds of people not in my presence but that is rarer that if they are standing right next to me

kaz79 - maybe

Msunderstood - Sometimes I feel like the night speaks to me without words, perhaps that is similar to the wind and birds you think of?
|

replied August 2nd, 2009
So have you been diagnosed? I always think I read peoples minds. People have often been fascinated with my "ability". Do you also feel like your life is on tape? Ever since I can remember I've felt like someone's watching and hearing my thoughts. I've mostly chalked it up to my connection to God but sometimes it seems too weird for it to be God. Just wondering....
|

replied August 3rd, 2009
I havn't been diagnosed. Its just my stupid boyfriend thinking im unbalanced. Sometimes I feel that people can hear my thoughts, like maybe im projecting them into peoples minds. I don't believe in God, or at least not the archetypical version of God. I believe in the Mother Goddess, the Consort God and whole load of minor gods and goddesses
|

replied August 11th, 2009
I dont doubt that something more is happening when people talk about telepathic experiences. I had something of a similar experience about seven years ago followed by a psychotic episode that i still am getting over and trying to make sense of. It really interests me why telepathy is such a common "delusion" in people who have episodes like what i had. I have also red in spiritual magazines people talk about being in a state where they are communicating with the higher selves of others while the lower selves are unaware of the other level of communication, when i read this i was shocked at the similaritys between what he dicribed and a my experiences of being psychotic... strange
|

replied August 21st, 2009
Schizophrenic or physic? I've been pondering the same question, and by doing so I believed I was digging myself into a one-way hole to madness. On the brink I started acted strangely and doing wierd stuff such as driving around and listening to the voice and voices in my head. Let me tell you - at first I thought I was crazy - until I found myself in the most shocking places in retrospect to my life - Confirming I'm not crazy (although a little whacko) and confirming this connection to some type of 4th dimension.

I was schizo in the sense that I unfiltered listened and acted to the physic tunes. And I'm sure some of the thoughts were of myself or manipulated to myself. However, it all comes down to just believing what physic information you can believe in because truth is only relative to the perciever. Physic info can be on any part of the spectrum of good/bad so its important judge for this yourself.
|

User Profile
replied September 12th, 2009
Supporter
Delusions of grandeur — Belief that one is a famous or important figure, such as Jesus Christ or Napolean. Alternately, delusions of grandeur may involve the belief that one has unusual powers that no one else has (e.g. the ability to fly).
|

replied September 12th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Hey Firefly3000
Some of the things you're describing are psychic experiences, Telepathy/esp. Unfortunately all of them are also mental disorders under the umbrella of Schizophrenia/Mania. It sounds like you have some doubts as to which is real. None of us are qualified to diagnose you over an internet forum. If you want to get to the bottom of why these things are happening you need to meet with a psychologist to be sure nothing is wrong.
|

replied September 19th, 2009
well i often get delusions like there are wizards casting spells at me and naked womens dancing under the moon to summon demons at me and stuff and I think I can see things that are happening

but it is delusions because there is no scientific proof any of this is real and the mind just plays tricks on itself to lead you to do stupid things if you do not test them against reality. None of that is based in reality. So you take the meds and learn not to believe in that junk because most of the thoughts are not based in reality and will unground you. There is no such thing as magic or psychics or any of it.
|

User Profile
replied October 22nd, 2009
Experienced User
So you should write a book!
|

replied February 5th, 2010
Telepathy is real. I think people become schizo beacause of not being aware of the psychic expierences going on throughout our lives. Schizophrenics (as I have been diagnosed) simply have more than others. The mind breaks eventually and we start believing everything that pops in our minds. Telepathy (being the main culprit) is done by knowing or believing. It is thought transference. We as Schizophrenics wonder a lot. Wonderers are more of recievers. When you have a good sender (or an arrogant person) around you, it is recieved by us; there by confusing the mind even further. I think the voices are our corrupted sub-concious from a life time of judgment. For the "knower" to send a thought: Pick a category like animals. Have the sender (or person who thinks their thoughts are absolutes) believe (no doubt present) that you KNOW what the animal is. You can also have the sender imagine the animal. But they just believe(no doubt present) that you see it. All you do is wait (that's it). NOTE: The sender doesn't *try* to believe. It is a leap of faith meaning the evidence comes after. The *not trying* is key. Don't worry about your thoughts being sent. We wonder so much, and others don't so much, that we are naturally bad senders. Good. Anyway this is how I believe telepathy works. Also forehead feelings: Tingling usually means excitement or a good feeling. Pains usually mean bad feelings or really just misunderstanding. They may be foreign. Maybe we aren't so crazy. Good luck. Hope is always good and writing what comes from your mind down is always theraputic. Sorry I don't have more. Peace.
|

User Profile
replied February 5th, 2010
Supporter
you have a wild imagination!!!
|

replied March 12th, 2010
I believe in magic and understand it well. I practice magic in every moment of my existence. Not a second passes where I am not actively conjuring reality.

It's something deep, that cannot be perceived at the 'lower levels' of consciousness. Schizo's are ones who were born with the gift, but were cast into a world ruled by the rational and lower levels. This leads to ridicule, accusations and a hard time living on this plane in this system.

We are meant to be free.
|

replied July 16th, 2010
this is it, kinda
Its actually either a technological doohicky thats surgically implanted at birth or we are all hooked up to some technological equipment in a different dimension and interacting with eachother. There are those that create thoughts such as the mother goddess/your mother and your father. Together they control and create each and every conscious thought that you think as well as physical functions such as heart beat, bowels. Schizophrenics are left oblivious to what's going on, or at least in my case I have been. Except through the use of internal voices, the display of memories, concepts and feelings (such as leg spasms) to constantly aggravate me they, being those who control me, seemingly have no reason to bother me without letting me in on what is going on. I'm guessing that other schizophrenics understand what is happening and since I'm even being controlled to write this I'm sure there is nothing that will come of it, but for anyone who is being fooled by their parents in this way just relax because they might not have revealed themselves to you yet. Goodnight.
|

replied July 16th, 2010
personally i dont think ur phsychic. in fact the fact that u think ur one of the top ten phsysics, or that u can melt ppls minds... sounds pretty bogus. but ill tell u something tho, i am schizophrenic. and while i dont care to mention what i thought i was, i thought they would come get me and lock me up in a cell and do experiments on me too lol..
|

replied July 12th, 2014
Hello, I think its possible that you are both schizophrenic AND psychic. I have schizophrenia, and even on antipsychotics I still see auras to the max, and sometimes can see things happening in a totally different location, and sometimes can predict the future seconds or minutes ahead. Sometimes I wonder whether I actually have schizophrenia, thinking maybe these aren't hallucinations but maybe I'm psychic, which I am a little bit. Other days I wonder if I'm psychic or if its just the schizophrenia. Then I remember I'm paranoid, and though I don't like to admit it I can recognize that I'm "delusional" or whatever. But the point I'm trying to make here, is that from the perspective of someone with schizophrenia, you definately have schizophrenia. I'm not a doctor, but I would definately reccomend going to one, just to see what they say. I know it can be scary, my first thoughts were "what if the doctor is one of THEM" but it really has been a good thing. I'm not saying you aren't psychic, but some of the other things you said about people out to get you and the like, are paranoia. Trust me, it is. Which is a sign of schizophrenia, or at least psychosis.
Good luck with whatever you do.
|
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....