Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

"Schizophrenia" what is it . Does it exist as such ?

Please refer to my dialogue with square re his/her experience and my response in

"Schizophrenia and trauma" : lifepreserver: .

One final or beginning thought :

Loosely transcribed from new scientist , the creative potential of the brain ( why children are without doubt freer thinkers than adults) is due to the capacity of the brain to work at information overload that is in what might be referred to as neural over excitation or apparent chaos , that is we are hard wired this way and at this point the brain is being " we are being most creative"!

This is also synonymous with what clinicians see as Schizotypal conditions i.e. the brain is apparently not behaving or not processing as it should ( says who ?). So Schizophrenia is essential for our evolution for bothe individuals and the human race to live and love. So why cure it ( cure what ?).

On last thought do neuroleptics cause longer term problems in brain biochemistry i.e. large doses over prolonged periods can or might cause what scans see as "cavities" in the limbic area , that this is not a product of the so called disease but of the use over use of medication, ie the brain is trying desperately to compensate for loss of basic ( emotional) processing and the subsequent increased vein pressure causes damage ?

For everyone:

Please question what so called experts say ! Don't just take it as read .

God Bless and go Well
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 8th, 2011
Active User, very eHealthy
says who? who do you think, our overlords. Because we are property and nothing else.

the question is how high does it go? Even beyond humanity? Obviously.

I did however need a "cure", I needed the evil f#$ks that were messing with me to be gone, and it's been ten years now, they don't stop. And oh their little helpers, all around me. Constant threats, abuse, sometimes even physically harming me, in my dreams even, this has been horrible. so don't tell me this doesn't need to be fixed or cured, you know that you can call it a cure, anything negative could be viewed as a virus, and you can cure it can't you.

It doesn't matter what the neuroleptics do in my case. They have made it clear what they will do if I stop taking them, and it won't be pleasant.
|

replied September 8th, 2011
communication block
Pardon ?

How high does what go?

Evil f#$ks that were messing with me , what are you referring to ?

It sound as if whatever splitting is happening within, you you are the projecting it out onto "something" with little awareness this is what you are doing , try to stay calm and allow the breathe and natural sense of awareness to develop, maybe.

There is only something to cure , if there something is alien to us and at depth nothing really is .

communicating is an art form, lapsing into gobble gook won't help you and it sure as hell will irritate others .

Take care R
|

replied September 9th, 2011
please refrain from using the word alien.
|

replied September 9th, 2011
And your the only one on here spouting nonsense.

You don't know what schizophrenia is do you?
|

replied September 10th, 2011
A brief history of terminology and ways through.
Please bear with me I am trying my best.

I am very confused by your'e post and attempt to communicate for me the idea of demons and such things went out ith the dark ages.

Schizophrenia isn't a thing at all ie prior to 1920 or thereabouts , Breure the predecessor of Freud created the first term dementia Praecox ( literally precocious dementia) Freud then famous for his ideas around sex and hysteria , used the term and later this term evolved into the current psychiatric term Schizophrenia.

To go back to the roots, it is worthe reading Roy Porter Madness a brief hsitory , the sense that human beings can enter profound states of consciousness where the emerging energies of the pysche are too much for the person to deal with and they are overwhelmed ( is this a necessary stage ?).

Anyway it seems even for the most stable this is unavoidable at times , see madness as a phase ,a great Hindu said in order to evolve one must become one with the Yoni's of the animal and vegetable world but then strange behaviour is seen too occur, before one can become One-d with God.

Most human beings are at neurotic socila level trying desperately to avoid this , it is my belief that in soem sense this cannot be avoided i.e normal behavior is neurotic or constrained and vast amounts of psychic energy are used to repress these energies .

Some ideas which might be usefull:

Learn to enter these states more mindfully ( trying to stay calm) utilize the energy , simple things like walking, replenishing prana ( deep breathing) etc.

Grounding in the "body space" ie coming back to a basic awareness of sense and feeling and out of the heady potentially deluded space of "thoughts".

Let the thoughts come and go if you can , entering into what might be called a more energetic way of being , where spontaneity and purposelessness are more the norm, allow yourself to "be" more , try to forget about "normal" , normal people are boring anyway.

hope this helps

God Bless and go well

Hope this helps.
|

replied February 28th, 2012
Having just had a friend admitted to hospital I can state categorically that it is the behavior and the way others are which then causes people at large and others who come into contact with this person to feel they cannot cope.

He needed help and couldn't or wouldn't look at his issues which were pyschodynamic, complex all most autonomic defense mechanisms then occurred which meant his behavior impinged on others and their lives , he didn't so much break the law and make other peoples lives hell.

Schizophrenia is a social construct dig deeper and you will find the person is afraid or unwilling to acknowledge and address their "issues"
|

replied February 29th, 2012
Sure they used to drill holes in our skulls to let them out I know, but at least they had an idea as to what it was though.

Now we just imagine things, and the pills aren't any different really, just another way to drill a hole in my head really.

The idea of demons never left, you people are the ones that left.
|

replied February 29th, 2012
Perhaps the best thing is i hope you don't mind me suggesting but trying to find as much inner peace as you can .

God bless
|
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....