Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Schizophrenia Voices and Hallucintaions

I hear voices that are telling me things aren't real. They tell me that all these things i remember from my life aren't real. That they never happened. There reasons make sense but something inside me doesn't believe it. I feel so disconnected and confused right now. I don't know what to do to get back in touch with reality. Does anyone have any ideas or experience any thing like this. I would really like to feel connected to reality again. Living in this inbetween place is really waring on me.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper hoperainbow
|

replied May 27th, 2012
Active User, very eHealthy
Depending how old you are they are right.

The young folks don't live in reality.

But reality, for us anyway, is a hard pill to swallow.

Knowledge and viewing the knowledge through loving set of goggles, thats reality.

You could never say that the un-loving know the real, thats called babble and they have a tendency to disagree with themselves.
|

replied May 28th, 2012
I don't quite understand what you mean. If you could explain more that would be very helpful. Thanks
|

replied May 28th, 2012
We don't percieve anything when we are young.

The older you get the more you see.

Meaning that the previous illusory and false perceptions were not real.
|

replied May 31st, 2012
im totally confused by the above 2 answers. but linger, i no exactly how u feel, i hv felt similar things, ive felt disconnected not sure whats real what is not. i would suggest going to your doctor, such a painful scary way to live, there excellent meds and help out there, hold on huni things will get beta, im getting there so can u, u sound v brave to me i dont mean in a patronising way but u do Smile
|

replied June 5th, 2012
Well if they are saying that your memories are not real then what are they? What are they saying, as if you made up memories of you own, if that was to happen or if it even could happen it would require lot's of brain power and repreetision. And you would know why they are saying that. I suggest for you to buy a nice camera and photo book, and take pictures of important times in your life. Then you will have proof your memories are real.
|

replied June 9th, 2012
To put it simply we are stupid at first and know nothing.

meaning none of it is real.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....