User Profile
Well, i would like to know if i am schizophrenic. I have nervous tendancys, i often chew the skin off of my fingers (the skin around the nail). I am almost always second (or many more) guessing myself, and my father is schizophrenic and bi-polar. I quit school to be homeschooled, as i dont like children my age, or people much for that matter, alot of the time. Often even when i become really good friends with certain people and i really feel like i love them ill just stop talking to them, even when i make relationships over the internet that arent that personal, i will just stop. Often i can go from somewhat happy to a depressed and hopeless outlook on the world fairly quickly. Lastly i have always been paranoid sense i was very little, when i walk alone (which i dont generally like to do) i can only have one headphone in one ear so that i can hear if anyones coming behind me, and ive often had thoughts of great fear.
Overall i just get very stressed easily in social situations (longterm or very short) and have experianced alot of apathy and deep contemplation leading to depression.
My main question is how important is it for my health that i see a doctor of any kind, as i havent yet, and my family is somewhat straining in the money area, but not so much that i couldnt cut back on eating particularly nice foods or something to see a doctor.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 8th, 2010
i have the exact same symptoms, idk whats happening man...
|

replied September 19th, 2010
Well, If it helps I am exactly the same way. I am schizophrenic but I am not bad just a mild case. And I act and have always acted exactly like you. I haven't seen a doctor, I talk to a really nice psychologist by email that I met through a help site but I haven't in a while. No need to fear, Im sure your ok. As long as you dont endager yourself or others, there really is no need for medical help or to have to worry about it. It's nobody's business but yours and you chose who knows. I have a close friend that knows and when it gets bad (esp the paranoia) they help tons. DO you have someone you trust? Btw, I am here for you anytime just pm me if youd like. Odd- You sound exactly like me Smile
|
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....