Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

schizophrenia, psychosis

scared Hello, I am a 25 year old female. I have been diagnosed with psychosis and until recently it has become almost unmanageable. I have been getting new symptoms that make me believe things are no longer in my imagination. I dont know how to tell the difference between these voices and hallucinations anymore. I am very scared and not very hopeful that things are going to improve, since I have tried numerous medications and still no luck! I am becoming very frighted that this is consuming my life and changing my entire outlook on everyday things I used to be able to do, please someone tell me Things will get better and that I not actually trying to be over taken by demons and evil things.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 16th, 2013
Experienced User
How long have you been on medication? usually it take about 6 months+ before therapeutic benefit is made. Also, I am hoping that you are having session with a psychiatrist or psychologist. This combined with medication can usually allow individuals to have a full regression on thier symptoms. However, this usually only happens if the individual in question doesn't slack on their medications or sessions. In fact most patients that don't have any remission tend to be individuals that won't take their medications or lack any commitments to get better (not saying that they have the desire) it usually ends up being they don't have any resources to help themselves or don't look for psychological help on top to their medication. The point I am making is while it is a difficult road, many individuals do get a full regression of symptoms and can lead a relatively normal lives. This means you can do it to. You need to keep on battling this extremely difficult neurological issue.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....