Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

SCHIZOPHRENIA OR SHAMANISM? (Page 1)

Psychiatrists are now finding a link between schizophrenia and shamanism but can they really know what that is?
Before cities we all lived in tribes, each tribe had a shaman and each shaman was connected tot he spirit world which balanced the world through the shamans. Cut to the city now. Shamans are raised in unnatural surroundings, people around them don't behave naturally so when they tune in,not knowing what the hell is going on not being guided by an elder shaman and with the spirit world unbalanced because of the affective shut down of the shamans contact with it,it all goes wrong: a schizophrenic is a shaman gone wrong.
The spirit world which works on natural order has been ignored and the spirits which feed off energies, our emotions, like an ignored child will do anything to get attention even if it's bad.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper woops
|

replied March 24th, 2010
Experienced User
"...with the spirit world unbalanced because of the affective shut down of the shamans contact with it,it all goes wrong: a schizophrenic is a shaman gone wrong."

Well, it may happen and it probably does, but I do not believe it is that bad. There are still many good shamans in this world. sunny

"The spirit world which works on natural order has been ignored and the spirits which feed off energies, our emotions, like an ignored child will do anything to get attention even if it's bad."

Well, that's unfortunately true. Luckily, there are people who are well aware of that looking and are able to help. sunny

Merrick
|

replied March 24th, 2010
Active User, very eHealthy
I don't know about any of you, but I really wouldn't want to sit out in the jungle and take dmt over and over again.

I mean, whoa, that really has to suc.

If the spirit says anything other than time to leave this place, don't trust them.

But know, we need to stay, and get sick, and thus we can heal, and we of course are going to need monkeys to eat.

Contrary to popular belief, when somebody says the word nature or natural in a positive manner they are completely full of ya know what.

Nature is a total biyatch.

If you enjoy being dying little retarrd animals though, by all means stay where you are. Because we all enjoy our monkey meat feasts don't we. And giving flowers to the ladies.

What a hellish piece of lying garbage this world has been.
|

replied October 6th, 2010
I am a practising medium, i am also diagnosed as being schizophrenic.

I am on a really effective medication so I am stable. I know that beyond any reasonable doubt that I am psychic and that I am able to hear information about spirits passed from this life. I know this because I have had sound hard evidence.

I know you cannot know if what I am saying is true.

But I know it is true as do the many people I have given readings for.

So, yes there is more to this world than meets the eye.

personally I feel that if I can communicate with nice spirits or whatever force or energy is passing this informtion on to me in the form of a psychic voice then for sure I don't think any of us are naieve to think that if there are nice and good natured energies out there then there can't be also vile and nasty energies out there too. To most of us grown ups this is quite obvious.

Why some of us are more open to nasty stuff I'm not sure.
|

replied June 8th, 2012
Interesting. I work with people with schizophrenia, I'm here to better understand and therefore better help. I have met 2 in particular that seem to be on the cusp of the spirit world. They can identify the schizophrenia but also the spirit realm.
|

replied June 8th, 2012
Hateful spirits
Spirit realm eh?

The snake, she hates me, thats my schizophrenia, always was.

She seems to enjoy the shaman though, she is such a sweet talker.
|

replied October 6th, 2010
Why is no one saying this sounds crazy? I'll say it. This sounds crazy. Shamans? Spirit world? Superstition, nothing more.
|

replied October 8th, 2010
By definition capacity, you are in the "crazy" forum.

Of course it sounds crazy. We're schizophrenics.

I like how people come in here expecting sanity.

On the contrary, you'll get none of that in here.
|

replied October 8th, 2010
And furthermore, the siberian shamans are saying that the fall of the west is coming, I wonder if they are correct and what that even means.

Did the spirits tell them this?
|

replied October 10th, 2010
woops, Just because you're crazy doesn't mean you believe everything you hear, and I don't. But maybe that's the mistake you're making, in which case you can expect a very poor prognosis.
|

replied October 10th, 2010
If I were to not believe everything I hear then perhaps I shouldn't believe what you post or even read your posts for that matter.

You don't believe in shamanism? Or that there are beings other than people?

If I told you that spirits are real, or I don't want to say spirits, if I told you that there are beings here other than people would you believe that? And that said beings are in contact with supposed "shamans" would you believe that?

Maybe not everything you hear, but most definantely some of it.
|

replied October 11th, 2010
You don't have to read my posts or believe them or reply to them.
If said "beings" are not evident in any way other than personal anecdotal evidence, then no, I don't believe they exist. Why should I? Do you even have standards to dictate what you believe is real? You should, because that's what keeps a person from getting caught up in fantasy and delusion.
|

replied October 12th, 2010
I apologize if im offending you or getting on your nerves.

But a whole heap of people here have evidence. Thats about all that I can really say.

And try and find out.
|

replied October 12th, 2010
You're not getting on my nerves or offending me. It's actually pretty hard to offend me. I doubt, however, that the people here have evidence of anything supernatural, because by definition it is something that we cannot observe. You and they can go on believing it if you want, but I think it's dangerous to promote something as truth that we cannot establish as such.
|

replied October 13th, 2010
Capacity look plenty people believe in god lol this could be called pretty dangerous in itself. Why should the spirit world be any more dangerous to consider?

Sure there are schizophrenic people that might do something dangerous if they think spirits exist but then there are plenty of so-called sane people out there who are very dangerous people, people with no diagnosis at all.

What I believe is up to me, I also have a right to share my views and beliefs with others.

If you want to call this dangerous you got a LOT of people who must be dangerous in your opinion because they believe in god and god cannot be established as truth either.

Even the theory of evolution is only a theory we cannot establish it as truth.

Plenty of people feel they have had evidence of the supernatural, mental illness or no mental illnes, FACT.

Just because someone is schizophrenic doesn't mean that they should not of had the same psychic/spiritual experiences as someone who is not.

I believe in the existence of more than just this material world. I am sure beyond doubt that ESP exists. However I would not force someone to believe this if it is not for them. I certainly don't believe this is dangerous. We are not all mad knife wielding nutcases Smile
|

Capacity wrote:
Why is no one saying this sounds crazy? I'll say it. This sounds crazy. Shamans? Spirit world? Superstition, nothing more.

I don't even know what a shaman is.

Many people believe that there is a spirit world. You think its crazy, that is your right.

I base my beliefs on evidence, it is a scientific theory as much as any other is, you cannot possibly believe because you have never had the evidence from which to draw the conclusion that there is more to life than meets the eye.

It probably does sound crazy to you.

I believe it is a harmless belief to have.
|

Ok, where to start. First of all, if it's not the truth then it has the potential to be dangerous, particularly if it's based on nothing, as many of these beliefs clearly are. Yes, god is also a dangerous idea. You have every right to believe in ESP (which is NOT supported by scientific evidence btw), but I have a right to tell you why you're wrong.
My standards of evidence include the idea that more than one person should be able to see it, hear it, etc. at the same time for it to be considered something real. Then we have to be able to prove it's there.
And what is this "just a theory" business? What else would it be? A theory is a system of facts and laws assembled to create a unified conclusion. Would you say we haven't established gravity as truth just because it's called a theory?

Also, I said nothing about anyone being a "knife-wielding nutcase."
|

Man, gosta watch out for those darn knife wielding nutcases in my opinion. I don't much appreciate those guys and don't understand why they do that.

Ok, more than one person has proof, and on top of that there are many that have most definantely observed it.

What would it take to prove it to you exactly?

Hypothetically, if it was true and you didn't know it, what would it take to prove it to someone, or yourselves.

A fun fact about these things, they don't sleep.
|

replied October 16th, 2010
What would it take to prove it to me? Physical evidence, like REAL video footage, a sample of it perhaps, something to show me what it is made of physically, and a physical explanation, something no one can ever provide for a "supernatural" phenomenon, because by definition, it is beyond the realm of human experience. Either it is supernatural, meaning it doesn't exist except in your mind, or it is natural, meaning we should be able to observe it and it should be somewhat predictable, which we cannot and it is not.

Fun fact about these things: They don't exist.
|

How are we supposed to get a sample? Or a photo?

I don't even know if you can take pictures of them, I'm pretty sure if you can't see them then a camera couldn't either.

I guess I will keep my eyes open for proof.

That's the best we can do I suppose.

I suppose another good point to make, is can you prove that they don't exist, we don't have proof for that either. Can you give me scientific evidence that proves they don't exist.

And furthermore, do you believe that at this point and time people should be able to observe all that is natural.
|

I really hoped I would not hear the fallacy "prove they don't exist." You can't prove a negative. It's a logical impossibility. No, the burden of proof lies on the person making the claim of a thing's existence. In other words, if you say something is there, YOU have to give ME a reason to believe it. I don't have to give you a reason why to NOT believe. Think about it: Prove unicorns don't exist. Same thing.

"How are we supposed to get a sample? Or a photo?" Exactly. How? When scientists wanted to prove the existence of UV rays, they invented a device capable of detecting them. I expect the same of anyone else who claims the existence of something I have no way of detecting.

And no, I don't. The above paragraph should explain my opinion on that.
|

woops wrote:
And furthermore, the siberian shamans are saying that the fall of the west is coming, I wonder if they are correct and what that even means.

Did the spirits tell them this?

Probably. I know when I did a political reading, I consistently got the Tower which means fall of old establishments.

This could be terrible, but if we ride the waves hopefully we'll progress through it.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....