Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Schizophrenia it seems that the voices are making him worse

luvcomp i know someone with schizophrenia and hes been doing worse medication doesnt seem to help. hes attacked random people and family members a couple times and also has tried grabing weapons before to use. thier has also been a time where he has grabbed household items and broke them and made holes through walls. MY major question is does he need to be in a HOSPITAL with all that happening because it seems that the voices are making him worse
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2012
Experienced User
Okay, speaking as someone with schizophrenia--if he's still having behaviors like that under medication, then the meds certainly aren't doing what they should. Unfortunately, psychiatric medication is a very inexact science, and finding just the right med(s) at just the right dosage(s) sometimes takes quite a while (and even then, meds can lose effectiveness over time).

I hate saying this, but if this person you know is really that out of control and getting worse, then s/he needs to be someplace where s/he can get the appropriate care and not be a danger to self or others--in many cases a hospital is indeed the right environment for that. Hard call to make through the internet, though.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: medication
Quick Reply
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....