Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Poisoning and Environmental Health Forum

scared that the iron ring i wear has become poisonous?

User Profile
Hello ehealth , thank you for this wonderful site. I just have a question that, I'm wearing an iron ring on my middle finger which someone in my family heated it on gas stove and now it has turned dark puple in colour. I'm deadly scared that has it become poisonous? Since sometimes it also touches my food. I don't wish to remove my ring too. But if it's hazardous then I will definitely. Please help and thanks again !

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 17th, 2014
General Q and A Answer A47865
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the appearance of your ring and its possible effects without examining it and going ahead with further evaluation. If it has changed its color, you may consider getting it removed and washing it to see if it gets back to original color. You may also consider getting it examined by your doctor/healthcare provider and then proceed with further decision. Avoid wearing it if in doubt. Look out for any new symptoms or development of any skin changes in the area of contact with the ring and report to your doctor/healthcare provider immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Poisoning and Environmental Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.