Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Scared of multiple symptoms, abnormal rhythms

For the past month I've been having abnormal heart rhythms. Occasionally my heart will just start speeding up or slowing down out of nowhere, or I will feel it beating unevenly. I have palpitations sometimes if I take in a really deep breath or lie down on my side. Early in the month I was having shortness of breath, dizziness, light-headedness, fatigue, and weakness. Most of this improved spontaneously, but my face still looks pretty ashen, my eyes are dull, I have occasional moments of dizziness, my nail beds are purple-ish, and now all of my veins are very dark and noticeable. I am on my period and I have also noticed an unusual amount of clotting. Any ideas what this could mean? I'm really, really scared. I'm only 19.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 26th, 2013
It sounds like you could be anemic (iron deficent). I would have blood work done.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....