Hi everyone, I had pain in my leg on and off for a number of weeks, lower calf with no swelling just pretty intense pain, I bugged my doc for a doppler after she was convinced it was a calf tear. She ordered the doppler and by the time they got me in for it the pain had somewhat started to subside. Fast forward now to a few weeks later and I low and behold have the same pain again, I started to work out but have been careful to not injure my calf in any way. Could a doppler miss a clot? It was from my groin to leg and they said they didn't see one. They said I wasn't in any of the major risk areas
either. the pain is in my calf and somewhat in my thigh, no swelling etc. just pain. it might just be that i started exercising again

I am just concerned that maybe the clot had moved? and is now back again?

thanks for reading
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 11th, 2012
Especially eHealthy
fromtexas,

It is very doubtful that a doppler flow exam would miss a clot. It takes a clot several weeks to resolve. So, even if your discomfort had decreased a little, it should have picked up a clot, if there was one.

The usual symptoms for a clot are unilateral swelling in the limb and possibly pain in the region of the clot. If the clot is superficial, it may also present with redness, warmth, tenderness, and a palpable mass (thrombophlebitits).

It is most likely that you have some sort of musculoskeletal problem. If you have been working out, or have significantly increased your physical activity, it is most likely you have either sustained on unnoticed injury to your muscles or have an overuse type of syndrome. It is not uncommon for patients to have sore spots when dramatically increasing their physical activity.

However, if you have reasons to have a DVT (sedentary life style, restricted sitting for long period of time, as in a long plane flight/car trip, recent major surgery or hospital stay, etc) or you are concerned that you may still have a DVT, contact your physician for another evaluation.

Good luck.
|

replied March 11th, 2012
Hi,
Thanks for the informative reply, I have been really bad thinking about it and in turn have almost convinced myself I have something wrong with me, I have no risk factors for dvt.

I feel like my leg now feels a bit warm and itchy, but when I feel it compared to the other leg it is the exact same. I think I need to try to stop thinking about it
|