Medical Questions > Cancer > Brain Cancer Forum

scared of brain cancer

Ok so here is my story and I hope someone out there can help. I am a 23 year old male who has always been perfectly healthy. About 10 weeks ago I suffered what doctors said was an anxiety attack after smoking marijuana. I felt like I was literally going to die and doctors just released me after I calmed down and my EKG came back OK and said everything was going to be alright so I believed them. For about 3 weeks after that I suffered from headaches, disorientation, dizziness and an awful pressure in my head and I could barely get out of bed. I thought for sure I had a brain tumor and started obsessing over it so I went to the hospital and got a CT scan which turned out negative. Then I developed an awful cough that also last around 3 weeks and was coughing up all sorts of nasty stuff to go along with a nasty lightheadedness which made me feel like I was always going to pass out. I thought I had lung cancer so I had a chest x-ray twice and once again the doctors said everything was normal. So as soon as the cough went away I started feeling nauseous every morning which caused me to throw up a couple times. I didnt eat hardly anything for 2 weeks and got awful stomach pains
randomly throughout the day so I thought something was wrong with my stomach or colon or something so I went back to the doctor and they made me take a Barium swallowing test, which I still havent received the results from. But since I took the test the nausea and stomach pains have gone away, but the lightheadedness has come back. I feel off balance once in awhile, get ringing in the ears and once in awhile get a weird noise in my ear that sounds like water running through them. So once again I feel like something is wrong with my brain and I feel like I am doomed and my CT scan was messed up. I dont really know what to do anymore because this has affected my job and my relationships and no one has given me an answer that has satisfied me. Well that is my story and I hope someone out there can shed some light. Thanks. God Bless
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2010
While I cannot tell you that there is nothing seriously wrong with your physical health, it is apparent, from your comments, that you suffer from severe anxiety. Therefore, it might be helpful for your doctor to consider treating your anxiety disorder while your other symptoms are being evaluated.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|

replied July 15th, 2010
It is anxiety making you paranoid, i know the feeling man. You are fine, take my word for it. I smoked marijuana once and i had to go to the doctor the next day because i had an anxiety attack as well. You are fine Smile
|

replied July 20th, 2010
thanks for the replies...my symptoms went away from about a month and a half and then appeared again out of the blue. Over the last 5 weeks i have had everything from border line passing out to muscle spasms to my eyes playing tricks on me so once again i am freaking out. I even have deja vus and premonitions about what is going to happen to me. It is really scary
|
Must Read
Brain basics here - what is a tumor and how do doctors understand brain cancer? ...
What puts you at risk of developing brain cancer? Review the most common risk factors for brain cancer so that you can be informed....
Brain cancer symptoms are wide ranging and various. Look out for these common symptoms of brain cancer and learn when you should seek medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.