Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

scared and need answers. spaced out feeling 24/7 for 3 months

User Profile
for over three months i have felt spaced out/out of it(such a hard feeling to explain but its horrible), head pressure and heavy tired eyes. it all started one night i felt i had to vomit but i was just really forceful dry heaving and all a sudden the spacey feeling came on and never has gone away, not once. its all i think about and its drives me crazy. iv done acupuncture, chiropractor, spinal tap, cat scan, toons of blood work, massage therapy, supplements, vitimins and been to a neuro once who said i have nothing neurologically wrong with me. i dont know what else to do. im scared to death of this feeling because its ruining my life. all i do its think about it and cry and look stuff up. im just a 20 year old female. please if you no anything that this could be please tell me. dont even say anxiety because anxiety symptoms dont just come out of nowhere from dry heaving. i really believe it was something that happened physically when i was dry heaving but everything so far has come back fine. pleae post anything that could be of help to me.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile lilnewk
|

User Profile
replied March 7th, 2012
Especially eHealthy
lilnewk,

Sorry about your problem. It seems to really be affecting you.

Though I do not have a magic answer for you as to what could be causing this, you should look at your disorder from another point of view.

Though the exact cause of it has not yet been determined, other bad things have been ruled out.

You do not have any gross neurological deficits. You don't have any large tumors or aneurysms in the brain. It sounds like your heart and lungs are fine. Certain infections have been ruled out (hopefully).

However, you are really being stressed by the way you feel and the fact that the cause cannot be found. And it may be a while before the cause can be determined, which is just going to cause more stress.

So, you do need to treat your stress and anxiety. I am NOT saying that your problem is coming from the stress or anxiety. And you do need to continue searching for the cause. But, you also need to treat the stress that you are having.

Though it will not take all of your symptoms away or "cure" you, you will probably feel somewhat better if you do treat your stress and anxiety. You might see if you can talk to someone about your situation. It doesn't have to be a "mental health professional", just anyone that you trust and feel comfortable with.

But, it might also help to talk to a professional, and some medicine may also help. Again, this will not take care of your underlying problem, but it may help you better cope with not being able to find the answer.

Keep searching for an answer to your underlying problem. It could be from a wide variety of etiologies: neurological, cardiac, rheumatological, infectious, hematological, pulmonary, renal, immunological, whatever. It may be that you have presented at an early stage, before the "classic" symptoms have shown up. It may be that you just have to wait till some other symptoms develop, so that a pattern appears, and a diagnosis can be made.

But, treat your stress too, it is also a true physical disorder, just like your underlying problem.

Good luck. Hope you feel better soon, keep searching.
|

User Profile
replied March 7th, 2012
first off thank you for replying! and yes it is affecting me alot. im so scared that this feeling will never go away. thats one bad thing about looking on here is that you see alot of people with some what of the same situation and symptoms but have had it for years and cant find anything wrong :/ i am acually going to start seeing someone because this is totally draining me. i have also started taking anti anxiety meds just to make sure its the not reason for this even though because of the way this all happened i dont see it being possable. i am taking buspar.
|

replied March 11th, 2012
thanks for your post
hi lilnewk,

I can relate to how you feel. not the exact symptoms but the inability to get a proper diagnosis and treatment. it's like you're living in a constant state of what will happen next or will i always feel like this now?? ugh. you're in my prayers.

quick question- did anything significant happen in your life/in your world in the past 2 years? (not necessarily medically significan to you) sometimes medical issues can be triggered by particular life changes or trama (even emotional trama).

hope you feel better soon.

ps. if i could make only one suggestion- talking to God is the only thing that improved my situation. i felt a lot better after praying than i did after a dr appt :)not to push beliefs on you, but it's all i can offer... it worked for me. plus, couldn't hurt right? Smile
|

replied March 16th, 2012
Did you changed your diet or started to eat something that might be messing you up? I.e processed foods or non organics, it hard to over look the studies they have been coming out about pesticides and plastics and preservatives? Could even be your environment " never be sick again" is a interesting book , might help? never the less Sounds like you have tried everything.
Good luck!
|

replied June 21st, 2012
I understand
I have the EXACT same symptoms as you. I have this out if it/ high feeling 24/7 of every second of every day and every night. Have had it for just about three years. I have had EVERY test out there, been to EVERY type of doctor. All my blood work is perfect and all my tests are normal ( thank God ). I know what you are going thru, how you say you can't " enjoy" life anymore. You HAVE to stay strong. Have FAITH that you will come across something that will work. And take EVERY day one at a time. That being said, recently I came in contact with a dr that ordered two tests for me that I have never had before. Sure enough the results came back showing something. One was a QEEG which showed under- productivity in my frontal cortex of my brain, responsible for visual and other things. The other test was a brain spect. It showed poor blood flow to the same parts of the brain that had the under activity. Keep in mind I was a perfectly healthy 29 year old guy before suddenly getting this feeling 24/7. We should keep in touch and help each other out Smile
|

replied May 23rd, 2013
Were doctors able to correct the blood flow problem?
|

replied October 15th, 2012
same feelings for me. i'm a 20 year old male and was hit suddenly with the high/spaced out feeling a little over a year ago. have been to a lot of doctors (most recently the Amen clinic where they did many tests with scanners/reaction time etc) and they all said anxiety/depression. but i dont think thats what it is. so im very interested in any possible resolutions
|

replied October 15th, 2012
same feelings for me. i'm a 20 year old male and was hit suddenly with the high/spaced out feeling a little over a year ago. have been to a lot of doctors (most recently the Amen clinic where they did many tests with scanners/reaction time etc) and they all said anxiety/depression. but i dont think thats what it is. so im very interested in any possible resolutions
|

replied March 26th, 2016
Did you ever find the cause?
|
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....