Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

scanty periods and a cracked nipple for years

User Profile
I'm an 18 years old girl who's always been overweight , I used to have irregular periods but ever since I was 16 my periods became regular and extremely light. I barely have a spot of brown blood in the whole day. my mother keeps telling me that if I lose weight I will have regular periods but I really need help until I lose all the extra weight. I noticed that one of my nipples is slightly opened and has multiple holes in it . I'm really freaking out. this nipple thing has been like that for 7 years. I'm a virgin so pregnancy is NOT possible
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2013
Community Volunteer
You need to see your doctor now. Having very low body fat causes your period to be absent,not being overweight Your doctor will rule out things like early diabetes, PCOS (ovarian cysts) and other things.

Normally this is treated by putting you on birth control pills to see if it can restart your cycle.

Best of luck!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...