If the answer to the scalp ridges is found or the causes ,I would like to be informed...58 year old woman got those ridges over night .have had cats in the past litter outside . straighten my hair twice a year..tint have always been no peroxide no ammonia. lots of stress ,,moved to a new place that's when I got the ridges,maybe the sheet rock there ..I have arthritis bones on 5 fingers getting ugly. Left eye many years ago was called a lazy eye low vision .. right hand 3 fingers tinkle sensention most of the time . A bid forgetfulness since the age of 40 getting worse...( Ridges on the top only )always wear a high ponytail ... No headache. Starting to get slight dizzy every now and then
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 19th, 2016
The issue you are facing cannot be diagnosed with the history that you have provided.

The cause (most likely) could be due to fungal infections or due to seborrheic dermatitis.

Consult your dermatologist for a proper opinion.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.