Hello,

I' ve always had some scalp problems, but never as serious as the one I'm currently having. 10 days ago, I've had incredible pain on my scalp - I can try describing the sensation as "hot needles moving all over my scalp". It felt like all my head was burning. Also there were huge boils with some "sticky" liquid inside, they quicky became crust, usually yellow but some darker (red or sometimes even black). The "incredible pain" dured for 2-3 days, followed by a period of mild itching and tingling. I have had long hair (ponytail) for many many years. I have decided that cutting my hair would be a good decision so I did it today. I have realised that there are bold patches, a few of them, on the areas where the biggest boils were - as well as less hair all over as there were smaller boils everywhere. Now my scalp doesn't hurt as much as it used to, but I still have this unconfortable tingling and mild burning.
I really would like to know what the cause can be, and also if the bold areas will be filled again.

I should precise that I have been taking several antibiotics - on and off, and without real help- for almost two years for a small cyst on the right side of my mouth (doesn't seem to be visible, but by touching you feel it) and the right side of my "sideburn area" which had a huge boil that had been gone for long time but left an unhealthy skin underneath (by the way a new smaller pimple has shown up there).

Thank you in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2013
Community Volunteer
Hi sjohn91...If you have gone months without washing your hair you could be in trouble...I would suggest you see a Dermatologist as it sounds like you have some areas that may be infected...Be sure and check this out..Take care...

Caroline...
|
Users who thank CarolineEF for this post: sjohn91 

replied August 4th, 2013
Thank you caroline for your answer, no, actually I wash my hair every single day with shampoo.
I have an appointment with a dermatologist but the waiting time is long and even thoughh I try, I can't be optimistic as I wait.
|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2013
Community Volunteer
Hi again: Call and talk to his nurse and tell her the urgency of your problem...I really think this should be checked out as soon as possible...In the meantime you may want to ask your local Pharmacist if she/he has any suggestions or what it may be...But, please stay on top of it...If you can please let me know what they find out...We have had various skin problems in the family...Take care...

Caroline....
|
Users who thank CarolineEF for this post: sjohn91 
Must Read
Hair loss affects more than half of the population by age 60. Start here for basic info on hair loss and types of hair loss that doctors can diagnose....
What causes hair loss? Read on for a complete list of possible causes so that you can evaluate and identify hair loss causes....
Do you know the early signs of hair loss? And when does hair loss require medical attention? Get better results for treating hair loss by identifying it early....