Will you support McCain/Palin in the election?
yes
no
5%  5%  [ 1 ]
94%  94%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 17
User Profile
anyone?

I am surprised that all of the opinionated women on this site have nothing to say about Sarah Palin or her policy views.

According to an October 2006 profile in the Anchorage Daily News, Palin opposes stem cell research, physician-assisted suicide, and state health benefits for same-sex partners.

Source: Boston Globe, "A valentine to evangelical base", p . A12 Aug 30 , 2008

Pro-life

"I am pro-life and I believe that marriage should only be between and man and a woman."

Source: Campaign website "Issues" Nov 7, 2006

Choose life, even if her own daughter were raped

The candidates were pressed on their stances on abortion and were even asked what they would do if their own daughters were raped and became pregnant.

Palin said she would support abortion only if the mother's life was in danger. When it came to her daughter, she said, "I would choose life."

Source: Alaska 2006 Governor Debate: AP coverage of public TV debate Nov 3, 2006

Here's what Sarah Palin has to say about abortion.

Palin said last month that no woman should have to choose between her career, education and her child. She is pro-contraception and said she's a member of a pro-woman but anti-abortion group called Feminists for Life. "I believe in the strength and the power of women, and the potential of every human life," she said.

Source: Anchorage Daily News, "Little play," by K. Hopkins Aug 6, 2006

Hunts and fishes, as did her father

Her father shot the grizzly bear whose hide is now draped over the sofa in her office. She, too, hunts and fishes. Hunts as much as she can; freezer-full of wild game

Like many Alaskans, Gov. Sarah Palin is a lifelong hunter and strong proponent of Second Amendment rights. A longtime member of the National Rifle Association, she told USA Today when she was running for governor as a Republican in 2006 that "We hunt as much as we can, and I'm proud to say our freezer is full of wild game we harvested here in Alaska." Palin's favorite food? "Moose stew after a day of snowmachining," she said.

Source: Q&A with Newsweek's Brian Braiker Aug 29, 2008

Supports ending D.C.'s 32-year-old ban on handguns

Governor Sarah Palin today lauded the U.S. Supreme Court's landmark decision upholding the right of Americans to own guns for self-defense, hunting and other purposes. The high court's 5-4 ruling in District of Columbia vs. Heller affirmed gun rights by striking down the District's 32-year-old ban on handguns.

"This decision is a victory for all Alaskans and individual Americans. The right to own guns and use them responsibly is something I and many other Alaskans cherish," Governor Palin said. "I applaud the Court for standing up for the Constitution and the right of Americans to keep and bear arms."

The state of Alaska in February joined a multi-state amicus brief written by the state of Texas in support of the Second Amendment right of individual Americans to bear arms.

Source: Alaska Governor's Office: press release, "2nd Amendment" Jun 26, 2008

Governor Palin, a lifelong member of the National Rifle Association, has long been a champion of the constitutional right to bear arms, as well as a proponent of gun safety programs for Alaska's youth.

"I am proud to join the State of Texas in support of the Second Amendment," Governor Palin said. "We need to send a strong message that law-abiding citizens have a right to own firearms, for personal protection, for hunting and for any other lawful purpose."

Source: Alaska Governor's Office: press release, "2nd Amendment" Feb 8, 2008

Opposes explicit sex-education programs

Q: Will you support funding for abstinence-until-marriage education instead of for explicit sex-education programs, school-based clinics, and the distribution of contraceptives in schools?
A: Yes, the explicit sex-ed programs will not find my support.

Source: Eagle Forum 2006 Gubernatorial Candidate Questionnaire Jul 31, 2006

Palin’s Position: Although Palin’s personal views on evolution are ambiguous, she favors teaching creationism along with evolution in public schools

The Issue: Sex Education

Palin’s Position: Would replace sex-ed programs with abstinence-only programs

The Issue: Hate Crimes

Palin’s Position: Opposes proposals to expand hate-crimes statutes to cover sexual orientation, and seems to imply that hate-crimes statutes are superfluous, period (“No [I do not believe in expanding hate-crimes statutes], as I believe all heinous crime is based on hate”).

The Issue: Global Warming

Palin’s Position: She does not believe that global warming is manmade . In addition, in an interview in May with Fox’s Neil Cavuto, Palin expressed skepticism that climate change is occurring at all:

"We don`t believe that this speculation, again unprecedented, on computer modeling could forecast the effects of climate change, to the degree that leaves us in a comfortable position. It`s just too far out into the future, this speculative modeling"

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2008/09/sar ah-palin-compassionate-conservative.html
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 17th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
I won't support someone that lies through her teeth, wants to drive wolves into extinction, discriminates against homosexuals and wants to put women in reproductive chains. I wouldn't have supported McCrazy in the first place but his VP pick cinched it for me.
|
Users who thank Darkmoon for this post: homerx 

User Profile
replied September 18th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I won't support someone that lies through their teeth either.. That's why I won't vote for either dside! Smile
|

User Profile
replied September 18th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Palin stinks. Supports discrimination of homosexuals, opposes abortion even in rape cases(!), threatened to sue fed. gov't if they put polar bears on the endangered species list, supports abstinence only education (ironic since she eloped and less than 8 months later had first kid and her unmarried 17 year old daughter is pregnant)...the list goes on and on.

What a shame that the second female nominee for a major party is such a big chode.
|
Users who thank Birch for this post: Darkmoon  homerx 

User Profile
replied September 19th, 2008
Experienced User
even tina fey would have been a much better choice Smile
|
Users who thank killbill for this post: homerx 

User Profile
replied October 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Although, I am Canadian I think Palin is beyond the normal and very dogmatic.

How could you deny evolution?
How can you enforce creationism on people?
Abstinence only leads to more pregnancys than a well done sexual education
why you promote something that we know statistics show are worse off, especially in an era where sex is being promoted fruitfully

WHY not promote sex in a healthy relationship?

Why does she deny unnatural things?

Not only is she anti-human rights but she not even a feminist as far as I'm concerned...

Feminism and I am called anti-feminist at times is being proud to rights
Our rights to contraceptives, our rights to quality pre-natal care, our rights to vote, our rights to property, to choose our husbands/boyfriends or maybe even girlfriends.
|
Users who thank diamondsz for this post: homerx 

User Profile
replied October 6th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I can't support someone with the brain of a pineapple. Also, why does she sound like Jean from Fargo? I keep waiting for someone to say, "just joking!"
|

User Profile
replied October 7th, 2008
Supporter
Oh, my Greatness! This is the week of the prodigal daughters. Welcome back Sillyakchick.
Anyway, I can definitely relate to having fools in government. Our next president will be the third to uphold the tradition of having a criminal record for a serious crime. (Killing, armed robbery, rape, fraud etc)
But who is the bigger fool; the president or the people who voted for him?
I seriously hope that the McCain-clan does not win.
|
Users who thank Beline for this post: homerx 

User Profile
replied October 18th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Someone with TV PLEASE Watch Saturday night live tonight! Sarah Palin will be on there playing herself! I would love a report.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I'd watch it but I don't think I can stay up that late. I so don't like her. She seems like she has no sense of humour so I don't know how this is going to work. Remember when Paris Hilton was on and Tina Fey totally dissed her afterward saying she had no sense of humour and took herself way to seriously. This is ten times worse than that.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
sillyakchick wrote:
Someone with TV PLEASE Watch Saturday night live tonight! Sarah Palin will be on there playing herself! I would love a report.

I am on that. Very Happy You can also check it out on nbc dot com tomorrow- I'm sure they'll have it up.
|

User Profile
replied October 20th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Hmmmm....pro-contraception but anti-contraception education, i.e. abstinence only....ha! Not voting for her...she is a walking contradiction and a liar.
|
Users who thank motherofhighspiritedones for this post: homerx 

User Profile
replied October 20th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I actually like Sarah Palin is pro-life but I'm not voting for her because there is bigger issues that are more important at this point in time like the economy and healthcare and Obama-Biden seems to have a better plan to work with those.
|

replied October 21st, 2008
Experienced User
diamondsz wrote:
why you promote something that we know statistics show are worse off

look up...

Raising Capital Gains Tax
Universal/Nationalized Healthcare
Diplomacy with ruthless dictators (Neville chamberlin)
C­o­mmun­it­y­ R­ein­vest­men­t­ Act
|

User Profile
replied October 22nd, 2008
Experienced User
This seems inconsistent to me...
on abortion:

Abortion should be states' issue, not federal mandate

Q: Why is Roe v. Wade a bad decision?

A: *I think it should be a states' issue not a federal government-mandated, mandating yes or no on such an important issue. I'm, in that sense, a federalist, where I believe that states should have more say in the laws of their lands and individual areas.*

Source: 2008 CBS News presidential interview with Katie Couric Oct 1, 2008

on gay marriage:

Republican vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin says she supports a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage, a break with John McCain who has said he believes states should be left to define what marriage is.

"I have voted along with the vast majority of Alaskans who had the opportunity to vote to amend our Constitution defining marriage as between one man and one woman. *I wish on a federal level that's where we would go.* I don't support gay marriage," Palin said.

McCain, an Arizona senator, is supporting a ballot initiative in his state this year that would ban gay marriage. But he has consistently and forcefully opposed a federal marriage amendment, saying it would usurp states' authority on such matters.
|

User Profile
replied October 22nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Okay, did anyone else see Palin on SNL? I didn't even know what to think. They totally slammed her, and she had that blind "what the peanuts am I doing in the limelight" look on her face. God, it was bizarre. It'd been funny if it weren't so tragic.

They get a female in this position and she has no gray matter and her husband is quite a force behind the scenes.
|

User Profile
replied October 23rd, 2008
Experienced User
Birch wrote:
Okay, did anyone else see Palin on SNL? I didn't even know what to think. They totally slammed her, and she had that blind "what the peanuts am I doing in the limelight" look on her face. God, it was bizarre. It'd been funny if it weren't so tragic.

They get a female in this position and she has no gray matter and her husband is quite a force behind the scenes.

but birch, she's cool!! she likes "rap". giggle

the younger generation of america are totally gonna vote for her now.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I heard from a friend the other day that Palin was responsible for charging rape victims for rape kits in the hospital. I'm not sure how accurate this claim is - has anyone else heard about this?
|

User Profile
Experienced User
That's pretty bad huh? I wonder if they charge murder victims for their forensic testing. Whether Palin was involved or not, if she had her way, those rape victims would have no choice but to go through with a pregnancy if their rapist impregnated them, which is scary enough in itself. I gosh darn guess women should just know better than to go gettin' themselves a-raped if they aren't gonna use protection. But I guess they shouldn't be learning about protection because that's too explicit; they should only be learning about abstinence, right? hmmmm

This is from FactCheck.org

We've seen countless Internet and e-mail claims that Sarah Palin forced women to pay for their own forensic testing when reporting a rape. Unlike some claims about Palin, this one has some merit, though Palin's precise role is unclear. Here's the story:

In 2000, complaints about this practice in rural cities including Wasilla prompted the Alaska Legislature to pass a bill preventing alleged victims of sexual assault from being billed for forensic tests. It was signed into law by then-Gov. Tony Knowles. Palin had been the mayor of Wasilla for four years at the time, and a local paper reported that the Wasilla police chief, Charlie Fannon, defended the practice, saying he had billed women and their insurance companies for these tests rather than placing a "burden" on taxpayers:

Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman (May 23, 2000): "In the past we've charged the cost of exams to the victim's insurance company when possible. I just don't want to see any more burden put on the taxpayer," Fannon said.

According to Fannon, the new law will cost the Wasilla Police Department approximately $5,000 to $14,000 a year to collect evidence for sexual assault cases.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I think the deal is that she knew about it, and didn't do anything to change it, which was well within her power.
|
Users who thank Birch for this post: homerx